Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Flibs 2021

Re: Flibs 2021

Quote Originally Posted by barcer View Post
    great dude
    looks like barcer is another spammer
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    I just had the Hatt out for bottom paint while I was there a 5 year old EB Viking came in for a buyers survey. It was loaded with blisters and failed the survey.
    Blisters are a roll of the dice whether a Viking or Hatteras. My 30+ year old Viking has no blisters at all below the waterline. Blisters have developed on the deck in odd places such has under the Welcome mat and seat cushions.

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    Blisters are a roll of the dice whether a Viking or Hatteras. My 30+ year old Viking has no blisters at all below the waterline. Blisters have developed on the deck in odd places such has under the Welcome mat and seat cushions.
    I wonder if your Gulfstar/Viking built in St. Pete used the same gel and resin as the Vikings built on the east coast. As you noted, it can be a crapshoot. I suspect the problem could vary from batch to batch or supplier to supplier of the raw materials.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

It's Halloween week, so New Orleans is a really decent alternative to FLIBS. The masks will undoubtedly be better now that the weather is nicer and there is less traffic. Young people are flashing their boobies. In Fort Lauderdale, the only boobies are those who stroll the docks and gaze at the afts of boats they aren't going to buy. Lol