Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Windless Rating - 42 LRC

Hi folks,

I am away from the boat (42 lrc) and not sure what windless I have. (recent purchase).

If is the standard windless, does anyone know what the max rating would be for anchor weight?

Rocna Vulcan 33kg is recomended for the boat size, but I want to make sure that the windless is rated for that kind of weight.

Any advice is welcome!

Re: Windless Rating - 42 LRC

I don't expect the anchor weight is really the determining factor. Even adding for chain plus anchor weight that is simply a static load and most any windlass that would be appropriate for that. It is the dynamic load that would be variable as you retrieve the anchor. So I would select the correct sized anchor for the boat. If it turns out your windlass cannot handle the load you need to upgrade the windlass. But I don't think that would be likely. If you select a smaller anchor than appropriate for your boat you would probably have problems in all but the lightest conditions. If it were me I would consider going up one size if your boat size is near the top of the size range(length of the boat.

Re: Windless Rating - 42 LRC

Galley Maid on our 43DC is 800lbs?
    Brett Portzer 1972 Hatteras 43DC331
    2019- SUPERNOVA Waterford, NY
    1977-2019 CAROL-SUE Baltimore, MD
    1972-1977 C.VALPRISANN IV Boston, MA