Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: 40 foot aft cabin draft

Hi my 1989 40 DC (gas engines) has a draft of at least 4'6". when fully loaded with fuel, water, and supplies it needs a little more space. I will not go anywhere with out at least 5' of water and I prefer a minimum depth of 6'. the propellers are the lowest point on the boat (not the keel). I take my boat out of the water each winter and I can assure you it has a measured draft of at least 4'6".

Mark
    Lake of the woods
    1989 40 DC

Re: 40 foot aft cabin draft

I just took mine out of the water for the first time since I've owned it, and measured just under 4 feet to my water line from the bottom of the propellers, though I believe if it were fully laden that would be about four and a half feet like Mark stated above.. the propellers do sit pretty low compared to the rest of the boat, it does seem like a bit of an odd one for a boat in this class. I did manage to chew up one of my propellers this season what must have been a pretty hefty Rock.