Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Salty Lady 53 #555 Pics when she was new.....

Tom. Thanks for the info. I can work backwards on the owners. I bought her from a gentleman (72)
    in Onset Ma,in Sept 2020 (name Chasing Sunshine). He had her for less than a year. He decided living on a boat wasn’t for him. He purchased her from a gentleman(80) that loved her for 9 years in Narragansett Bay RI. ( name Drued) All he did was send money on her ( bow thruster, remodeled galley, varnished complete inside of boat, flybridge enclosure) He told me he got from a 81yo that he had for about 8 or 10 years on Shelter Island Ny. That covers about 20 years of her 43 year life.
    It would be interesting to hear how she ended up on the east coast.
    Thanks Again Bart Gaugh

I’m the fourth owner of mine, after a pilot and two commercial captains. I had the pleasure of getting to know Bobby the last one, he and his wife are fantastic folks. They made me a platter of fried soft shell crabs to make sandwiches with on the way back, as well as breakfast for days. Just could not ask for nicer people. Prior to that I know the guy was a pilot who wrote a self-published mystery novel involving the boat. I know nothing of the first owner other than what he did for a living. Anyone who knows anything I’d love to hear it.

Me and my boat are the same age we were both launched in 1981. The boat has held up significantly better.

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    In 1979 or 80, your Grandpa and Grandma pulled into Whitehall and docked next to my dad's 43DC. I was washing the waterline from the dinghy and he called out and said that he needed his washed too. I did it and he invited me aboard to pay me for my work. I was really excited because I'd never been aboard a 53MY. He made me sit for a while and your Grandma got me a soda while we talked. I remember it like it was yesterday.
    I was sitting in Whitehall this morning on our 1980 DCFB when I read this post, just spent one night here. Funny that it came up at that time.

You have some great memories.
    Admiral-- Marilyn
    Captain--James
    1980 43 DC Hull#526
    Twin DD 671 TI

https://books.google.com/books?id=2V...page&q&f=false

This is the boat in the June 1997 issue of Motorboating & Sailing. This family were the third owners of her. The second owner bought her from my grandpa's estate in 1991. The second owner was from Chicago and used her on the Great Lakes in the summer and Florida in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by tom5518 View Post
    https://books.google.com/books?id=2V...page&q&f=false

This is the boat in the June 1997 issue of Motorboating & Sailing. This family were the third owners of her. The second owner bought her from my grandpa's estate in 1991. The second owner was from Chicago and used her on the Great Lakes in the summer and Florida in the winter.
    I remember reading that article at boarding school 25 years ago. What an ungodly small world.