Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry 58 LRC Washer/Dryer Mystery

I went to pull my W/D out to install an LG100 (I love these!) in the main tank fuel line. I removed the front paneling, and got the unit 98% of the way out but couldn't get it all the way out. The hoses were holding it in. I can't squeeze past it. I can't reach the connection to the unit. I cannot for the life of me figure out how the PO connected this thing. Does anyone know how to access the back of the W/D unit? Is there some way to remove the wall fwd of the unit (facing the "Cpts berth")?At my wit's end...!

Re: 58 LRC Washer/Dryer Mystery

Most times I see folks remove the dryer section.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

If you can remove the trim panel that connects the lower washer with the upper dryer, then you can squeeze a little guy with long arms in to detach the hoses. Then again, you will probably have to separate them to remove them so perhaps do that first as Robert suggests. We tilted both units forwards and separated the dryer and removed it before tackling the heavier washer.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

On a 60MY, I had to squeeze through a cutout panel under the dinette and wiggle my way aft to access the back of the washer/dryer that is in the hallway closet just fwd of the middle head. It was not easy and I wondered if I could get back out.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Not familiar with your boat but on mine there is an access panel over the head in the guest stateroom. Its just big enough for me to crawl in and get to the back of washer/dryer connections after pulling it part of the way out.

Just did the same thing the other day Sky. I was wiring my Seaflo bilge dry system. I started to go in then stopped to get my phone just in case I got stuck. I was alone on the boat.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

In a 53 there is an access panel you can unscrew inside the storage bin under the dinette seat that lets you get to the valves and hoses for the washer. I have no knowledge of 58 LRC’s specifically but there is an access panel somewhere because they connected those hoses somehow, you just have to find it. That is the first place I would look if you have the dinette on the other side of the wall like a 53.
    Last edited by cww; 09-18-2021 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neildeb2 View Post
    I went to pull my W/D out to install an LG100 (I love these!) in the main tank fuel line. I removed the front paneling, and got the unit 98% of the way out but couldn't get it all the way out. The hoses were holding it in. I can't squeeze past it. I can't reach the connection to the unit. I cannot for the life of me figure out how the PO connected this thing. Does anyone know how to access the back of the W/D unit? Is there some way to remove the wall fwd of the unit (facing the "Cpts berth")?At my wit's end...!
    In my 58LRC the water connections are toward the front of the compartment about 6 inches inside the cabinet and about 3 feet from the floor. You can see the light colored edge of the water line connection "box" in the photos below.

When I replaced my unit, I simply pulled the dryer vent connection off and then disassembled the washer and dryer in place and took it out in pieces.

Washer Dryer 001.jpg
    Attached Images
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

What Sky and Sadey said. Remove the panel under the dinette. I'm 225 and it is a tight fit, but it gets bigger as you go aft, and pretty spacious when you get to behind the steps. From there, you reach behind the washer dryer.

10. Re: 58 LRC Washer/Dryer Mystery

If you ever get accused of smuggling by the DEA or US Customs, show them this thread, and they’ll apologize and immediately send you on your way. Lol