Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Question for those familiar with the Key's

May try Postcard before heading back. Is there deep enough water to go under Upper Matecumbe bridge channel up to bay channel and then follow to back behind Marathon before heading north or is only option ocean to 7 mile bridge?
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I love plantation yacht harbor, I used to Keep my boat there around 2003/2004. But 5 1/2 is right coming in.

We ve been to the Exumas 6 or more times since they re opened last year. Yeah you have to get a test but you can get an oral RT PCR so it s not bad. It s worth it.
    When I've gone in to Plantation I've just made sure I was 2 hours or more off low tide. Its only shallow right at the entrance to snake creek from Hawks Chanel.

When you go to the Bahamas do you have to find a doctor for the Covid tests or do they do them at customs or some other government building. I did take two home tests in August because I had Covid and wanted to confirm it with out it being on the record.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    May try Postcard before heading back. Is there deep enough water to go under Upper Matecumbe bridge channel up to bay channel and then follow to back behind Marathon before heading north or is only option ocean to 7 mile bridge?
    I've always run the atlantic side to Moser channel because I know theres plenty of water. My guess is you could make it, I've talked to other people that have done it in boats that draw close to 5 foot. When we make trips to the Keys I usually do an overnight chug from St Lucie to Key West. Then when we move from one marina to the next I run at cruise and we'll stop at the reefs to snorkel. I don't think I could bring myself to run at cruise speed on the inside.

You can run 5’ draft on the bay side all the way to marathon unless it s been blowing hard and water has been pushed out of the bay. You have to slow down in some to prevent squating

Every trip we did the tests either at a clinic like MDNow or a test center. I ll have to look up the name of the test center we used. It was an oral swab which is rare for an rt-PCR. Got the result in 36 hours. Will try to look up the name.

Edit. Got it. Curative.com
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I don’t have a good understanding of what if anything is being proposed. But if I am understanding things correctly the new Bahamian Prime Minister is contemplating making entry easier for those wanting to visit. Can that be done by executive order or does it have to go through a prolonged debate in their parliament? In other words, might it get easier to visit soon or is it 6 months away?

Quote Originally Posted by motoryacht lover View Post
    I don’t have a good understanding of what if anything is being proposed. But if I am understanding things correctly the new Bahamian Prime Minister is contemplating making entry easier for those wanting to visit. Can that be done by executive order or does it have to go through a prolonged debate in their parliament? In other words, might it get easier to visit soon or is it 6 months away?
    No idea what the new government is going to do.... as mentioned it s pretty easy already. They need the tourism, badly, and can’t afford to blow another season

I m no expert but all the various changes and rules were done by executive order as allowed by the emergency orders and authorities given to the PM. So in theory they can amend the rules pretty easily
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Rethinking this trip to be Marathon and Post card inn. Great info. And this thread is morphing into a Bahamas thread. Keep er going.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP