Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Re: 70 Hatteras Sinks

Quote Originally Posted by dottieshusband View Post
    My guess is it eventually will show up on cooperss.com or yachtsalvage.com Go look at the 72 Marlow on cooperss.com now. If your wallet is big enough, go for it!
    A Marlow??? Why do you think it was (sunk, caught fire, vandalized, wrecked, anything else) to begin with??

I do not want the whole Hatt wreck, just some stuff.

My guess is it eventually will show up on cooperss.com or yachtsalvage.com Go look at the 72 Marlow on cooperss.com now. If your wallet is big enough, go for it!
    FWIW, speaking of Hatts on yachtsalvage, there is a 1989 74' Hatt there. It is a "donation" they are accepting bids. No good info about it, other that the engines were not running when hauled.
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Cool Re: 70 Hatteras Sinks

FYI:

Received a email from Brett. He's been researching the status of this boat.

Chubb Insurance has denied the owners claim, he feels that it's headed for litigation.

Have no additional information.

Quote Originally Posted by spartonboat1 View Post
    FWIW, speaking of Hatts on yachtsalvage, there is a 1989 74' Hatt there. It is a "donation" they are accepting bids. No good info about it, other that the engines were not running when hauled.
    The 74' is also on Yachtworld with a 135k ask, and open to offers. It says the bottom has been peeled, but it looks like a soda blast to me. The few pictures of the interior look likes somebody went paint crazy. But looks like it might be a very appealing project if you've got a broad skill set, and a big wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by jjtoma View Post
    FYI:

Received a email from Brett. He's been researching the status of this boat.

Chubb Insurance has denied the owners claim, he feels that it's headed for litigation.

Have no additional information.
    After that boat sits through the hard Michigan winter, unheated or winterized, with the passage of time, it will only be good for parts.

After that boat sits through the hard Michigan winter, unheated or winterized, with the passage of time, it will only be good for parts.
    My thoughts also, wondering how much water was left inside.

What a way to totally ruin a boat, it's a shame.

It's the boat owners responsibility to preserve the asset or once an insurance claim is put in, the insurance company bears responsibility. To me the latter doesn't make sense.
    Was there a salvage claim in the mix/someone claiming it as their property. Always scary when you're in distress. Maritime law provides for that claim. I thought the insurance company mentioned, Chubb, had a reputation for paying claims more than denying them. The yard that has it, gets paid by who when there is a "no pay"?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    Heck, I could use all of the stabilizer parts.
    Maybe some parts off of the engines.
    Keep me up.

Oh that 74 Hatt on Y Salvage; $135k can take it per Y world.

I have never understood the guys who buy a salvage boat for $100k and put 5 years of their life and $500k into it just to have a $500k boat when they’re done. Not only do you not save any money, you will never get back the years of your time you put into the project that you could have been out boating if you’d just bought one in good shape off YachtWorld. That low price on the salvage listings is like kryptonite to some people, they just can’t overcome it.

Quote Originally Posted by cww View Post
    I have never understood the guys who buy a salvage boat for $100k and put 5 years of their life and $500k into it just to have a $500k boat when they’re done. Not only do you not save any money, you will never get back the years of your time you put into the project that you could have been out boating if you’d just bought one in good shape off YachtWorld. That low price on the salvage listings is like kryptonite to some people, they just can’t overcome it.
    Dreamers visit a DYI yard and it’s full of them. Usually after a couple years they get discouraged and the project languishes for years.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present