Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: 70 Hatteras Sinks

Quote Originally Posted by howhomes View Post
    There are posters on here who seem to know more about boating as a business as opposed to a hobby or retirement goal. When you see this boat, you wonder if you have corrosive wire issues and the interior is shot and can have the mold issues, what happens? It gets parted and crushed? It sits in the yard a little bit and a storage bill gets whacked up? They bring it to a salvage auction. I've seen far more smaller boats at these. The fiberglass a pound for a crusher amounts to anything substantial. The expression "saving the old girl" if its not so old has much competition to parting out on a boat like this.One thing a novice like me can see, is the skill level to have a finished product of yacht quality and mechanically perfect would not likely be an undertaking that you would get correct the first time, there will be gremlins with fit and finish as well as it all working. Any comments welcomed because it's always been something in the background in a boat yard when after a storm a boat is severely damaged and 2 weeks later it's gone.
    I just assumed they go to boat heaven??
    I know one thing you do see a lot of "most of the hard stuff has been redone" boats for sale that were some kind of project that never get finished. Those are the ones in boat purgatory!
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

Red face Re: 70 Hatteras Sinks

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Quinn View Post
    If you find it, let us know what the price is after you buy it (Just assuming that's why you would be looking)
    I bet that would be a deal with an easy (well maybe....) fix!
    I found it earlier this week. It's at the Gradel dock in Sandusky. Insurance company has the boat.

IMHO: after finding additional information, it's not a feasible project.

My original thinking was if the aft engine room bulkhead was water tight, maybe the mechincals

could be saved. But after seeing the latest pictures & reading about the fuel spill, forget it.

I guess a marine salvage company will come in with a chain saw and cut it apart.

I have a 2002 75 and would love to get some parts if this boat is eventually salvaged. Does anyone have contact information that might put me on the right track?
    Brett

Red face Re: 70 Hatteras Sinks

Brett,

I sent you a email. Hope it went though OK.

Jim

Heck, I could use all of the stabilizer parts.
    Maybe some parts off of the engines.

Ralph: Jim sent me a bit of contact information via pm. I plan on following up shortly and will keep you posted relative to any progress I make.
    Brett

Quote Originally Posted by GCSI View Post
    Ralph: Jim sent me a bit of contact information via pm. I plan on following up shortly and will keep you posted relative to any progress I make.
    Brett
    Thank you for your time and thoughts,
    rc

I'm in the hunt for the fly bridge arch Mark
    Mark
    1981 56' MY Hull #320
    "Lady Ann"

I live 1 mile from this boat, see it every day.
    If something needs looked at let me know.

My guess is it eventually will show up on cooperss.com or yachtsalvage.com Go look at the 72 Marlow on cooperss.com now. If your wallet is big enough, go for it!