Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Water hose quick connect for 1963 Hatteras Double Cabin

Looking for the adapter that allows a standard size water garden hose to connect to the boat for faucets and other running water on the boat. The male adapter fixed on the boat is relatively large, standard garden hose quick connects are too small, the diameter of the quick connect is about 7/8in. Picture for reference.
    Attached Images

Re: Water hose quick connect for 1963 Hatteras Double Cabin

I am dealing with a similar issue, except PO made a water connection to a sediment filter in the starboard engine room. Right now I have to use a 3/4" union and hose clamps to connect it to the dock water hose. I am planning to replace the boat connection with this and replumb with a dual filter.

SHURFLO (183-029-14 Chrome Wall Mount Filler/Regulator
    by Amazon.com
    Learn more: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B002OUPF...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

I think any decent hydraulic shop would have that. I am pretty sure it's a hydraulic quick disconnect.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

Sam's does sell it.
    Better hydraulic and plumbing houses may have it also but not chrome plated.

Sams has them. They are a Parker quick connect.

http://parts.samsmarine.com/PartSear...ItemNmbr=39179

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Sams has them. They are a Parker quick connect.

http://parts.samsmarine.com/PartSear...ItemNmbr=39179

I thought about going back with the Parkers but cost-wise I thought the RV-style was a little more economical. I have to rework the shore water supply system anyway, and thought I might try to relocate the water connection since on my boat the Parkers are right beside the wing doors and make for a trip hazard.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

To clarify, I'm looking for the quick connect that goes on the receiver fixed to the boat in the picture, not a replacement for the receiver seen in the picture. I need a 7/8in quick connect with standard garden hose connect on the opposite side. It appears that hydraulic connectors are the way to go but still looking for the right part.

Quote Originally Posted by broberts87 View Post
    To clarify, I'm looking for the quick connect that goes on the receiver fixed to the boat in the picture, not a replacement for the receiver seen in the picture. I need a 7/8in quick connect with standard garden hose connect on the opposite side. It appears that hydraulic connectors are the way to go but still looking for the right part.
    I just bought one from Sam's.

(I really don't know why everyone posts this kind of thing here without calling them first. They are, after all the host of this site and the people with all of the Hatteras parts)
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

You must have talked to them in FL, they told me the wrong part too. I can tell from the pic it was wrong but their NC guy got me the right stuff part #s 39180 and 539028A

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I just bought one from Sam's.

(I really don't know why everyone posts this kind of thing here without calling them first. They are, after all the host of this site and the people with all of the Hatteras parts)

Maybe it's because Sam's is charging $96 plus shipping instead of the $21.95 shipped i paid on-line for the same exact part???

I do buy from Sam's for boat specific items but not mass produced items like this.

OP check ebay Parker BH4-60w they are brass and you can buy the brass adapter to go from pipe to hose fitting at lowes/ Hd or walmart basically anyone who sells garden hoses should have it.
    Last edited by Blowncar; 09-09-2021 at 03:38 PM.