Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Recommended Bilge Mounting location.

Quote Originally Posted by cww View Post
    You don’t have that Hatteras control panel thing with the alarm and all the different lights for various things? I thought they all came with that ?
    When my boat was repowered I am sure it went bye bye.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Quote Originally Posted by cww View Post
    You don’t have that Hatteras control panel thing with the alarm and all the different lights for various things? I thought they all came with that ?
    Nope. I have the basic status lights on the lower helm for the pumps and blowers. Can you post a pic of what you're referring to? I bet it looks like what I have on my long-term project list to build from scratch.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    When my boat was repowered I am sure it went bye bye.
    Possibly same here but lower helm looks fairly original according to neighbor in marina last winter. He said our console looked like his before he repowered with Yanmars and all their fancy electronics.

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

I have status lights on helm and in the salon, but my 12 point alarm system on the helm is out of service.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    I have status lights on helm and in the salon, but my 12 point alarm system on the helm is out of service.
    Sounds like you and I are in the same situation. My plan is to get 4 of the alarm units from Amazon and build a panel with them all installed and labeled mounted at lower helm on console face. But right now that is a future project, as I have a few other needs that take precedence.

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

I am planning on replacing hoses/inline check valves on my 4 main bilge pumps. My concern is that the generator room bilge discharge hose is the only one without room for a proper above-the-line loop. Right now I have a hose clamped onto a threaded fitting and was pondering putting a seacock on that line only because without a tender I have a slight list to starboard and if we get severely rocked in the marina it causes a siphoning action into the bilge. Never anything the bilge pump can't handle, and I just replaced the Rule 3700 and float switch there. I plan to replace the hose and check valve since the check valve is obviously worn out. The starboard engine room bilge has a different issue, in that the check valve there is not opening fully. I found the check valve - In fact this is the one currently installed in the generator room - but local vendor says not to put a seacock on there. I would prefer to have seacocks on any overboard discharge, but I see the point on not putting them on the bilge discharge. On the other hand, the siphon problem is not something that I can be casual about.

I know I am setting up a firefight but thoughts?

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

I like the rules ok, but you are right, the way they are attached leaves something to be desired. You do want them as low as possible though.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Photolomy View Post
    I like the rules ok, but you are right, the way they are attached leaves something to be desired. You do want them as low as possible though.
    Thanks. I am definitely installing an anti-siphon loop in this bilge discharge (And the other 3 as I replumb them), and a new check valve. I think on this one due to the limited height available for the loop I should put a seacock on it, just as an added safety measure. The other discharges have higher loops and the seacock seems redundant.

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL