Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: 58LRC or Tollycraft 61?

Quote Originally Posted by ty1on73 View Post
    How is your French...? Beautiful 65LRC

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/198...uiser-3614955/
    Oui don't speak French, but that is very interesting indeed. I see a number of things that are outdated, but she seems to be in fine shape and basically unmolested inside. Could make for an interesting trip back home for sure.

Anybody on here in a position to look at this boat in person?

Too bad that bristol 65LRC that was on the market a while back got snapped up. I don't remember the ask, but that boat tore me up, bad.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    It a roughly 800nm from Miami to Grand cayman, all open waters, with limited shelter along the way. Cayman is not a great cruising boat destination because of exposure to open water with swells, limited anchorages. It is a beautiful island but best experienced from a nice house with a center console

If you think the Caymans have the most beautiful waters, try the Exumas! Only 220 NM from SoFl, easy day run with shelter along the way and once you get there you have 130nm worth of anchorages, sandbars, beaches etc. 90% of which are protected from swells. nothing like it anywhere in the world.
    Valid points on anchorages, but I'm not much for anchoring unless I have to. I do know there is at least one marina that is very well protected, and I took a ride on a big cat that was docked there. Went out on it a few days after my honeymoon in 1992. Stayed at the Hyatt.

My only experience with the Exumas is via cruise ship on a less than stellar day. We were supposed to visit a private island there, but the weather conditions wouldn't allow it. I didn't see any water that even came close when we ran Toby's 52C from Lauderdale to TCI's via Nassau. I mean it was pretty, but it didn't have that Cayman blue.
    Last edited by Freeebird; 09-12-2021 at 07:53 AM.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Just watched the video on the 65LRC. Very nice overall but needs a few things. Anybody have any idea as to how things work with a purchase out of the country like that? Insurance etc?

I would bring her home on her own bottom, but I would definitely need another Captain or maybe two more. I would definitely need someone who speaks French. Hey Pascal, wanna make HOF history with me?

Seriously, anyone familiar with the route it would take to get this thing back to the US? I would have no time constraints and would want to run the coast as much as possible, for obvious reasons. Just wondering what I would get into, but that would no doubt be perfect for my particular plans.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Cruise ships don’t go to the Exumas. They go to Nassau and a couple of their private cattle islands where they dump thousands of people on a man made beach

This is the Exumas:

https://youtu.be/_XEuaz1_3V8
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Apologies if this turn out to be a snipe hunt...

There was a 58 LRC docked in Charleston at the City Marina - about a year or so ago.

The boat seemed rather lonely and ill attended.

As I recall there are enough HOF members in Charleston that less dated information (rumint?) than that which I can provide.

Best of luck in finding the right boat.
    Timothy Rogers
    1981 56' FDMY
    "Fun@Sea.Calm"

Cruise ships don’t go to the Exumas. They go to Nassau and a couple of their private cattle islands where they dump thousands of people on a man made beach

This is the Exumas:

https://youtu.be/_XEuaz1_3V8
    I'll check out the video, but to be clear, the cruise ship simply passed through a number of islands which I believe were the Exumas. There were no stops there beyond the one private island where boats would have to be lowered. It was too rough for such things that day, at least according to them.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by trogers View Post
    Apologies if this turn out to be a snipe hunt...

There was a 58 LRC docked in Charleston at the City Marina - about a year or so ago.

The boat seemed rather lonely and ill attended.

As I recall there are enough HOF members in Charleston that less dated information (rumint?) than that which I can provide.

Best of luck in finding the right boat.
    Not sure what you mean with the snipe hunt line, but that is probably the 58LRC I mentioned earlier. It is in the city marina at Charleston and was passed by for the x'th time this week. I'll post the link in a second, but I don't think I'll bother looking at it given all that has come to light over the past few days. I am definitely NOT looking for a project boat.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Here is the 58LRC in Charleston that I actually put a contract on with a copy of a deposit check as per the broker. It was supposed to secure first right of refusal, it didn't. There is more, but it is not my intent to beat up this broker. Could be we just miscommunicated, but it is what it... was.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/197...uiser-3615084/
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

That’s a deal for a LRC. Maybe it’s a scam
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

You can not compare a deFever to a Hatt or even a Tolly!!!! Not even close. I looked at a few grand Alaskans a few years ago for a customer. Run Forrest Run!!! There were so many issues that it was a non starter after 5 minutes on board. Pretty much anything can make it to grand cayman as long as you don’t mind dealing with the Cubans. Question is why? The Bahamas offer much better cruising grounds than cayman...
    I’ll be the first to admit I get distracted by shiny objects. I remember the huge pilothouse and how that boat smelled like varnish and leather inside. Probably some hidden air fresheners or something, everybody’s heard funny stories about the turd-polishing that goes on for a boat show. It worked, it’s been almost 20 years and I still remember it. I guess if what’s below is a mess a nice interior doesn’t do much for you. The other boat I still remember from boat shows long past was a 60-something RealShips. Unlike everybody else they were so proud of it, they actually invited you into the engine room and pointed stuff out. I think they turned turtle in the financial meltdown, but that was such a neat boat.