Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

The flag is flying again

2004 hurricane Frances snapped off my flagpole. It’s been sitting in the side yard ever since. Having been here 35 years 2 years ago I decided to replace the sea wall and deadmen in the lawn that hold the sea wall back. In the while you’re at it mode, I raised the sea wall 12”. New dock boat lifts fatter pilings and new water power and utility feeds to the new dock. Just finished the yard. I calculated 2-3 tri axle truckloads of fill. 15 loads later it’s finished with new sod and pavers. But the flag is back flying after 19 years.
    Attached Images
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Re: The flag is flying again

As Freddie Prinz used to say... Looking good!

It doesn't sound like him in print.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Nice! Seems like actually finishing a project is a bigger deal than it used to be. At least in my world.

Its said the flag is held aloft by the last breath of those who died to defend it. no more fitting day than pearl harbor day to run the flag up the new pole.

Quote Originally Posted by bostonhatteras View Post
    Its said the flag is held aloft by the last breath of those who died to defend it. no more fitting day than pearl harbor day to run the flag up the new pole.

unfortunately, try to find ANY reporting on it today with the regurgitation that comes out of the news outlets.
    Jim

SALTY
    1973 38' AFT CABIN

Beautiful, thanks for sharing the picture.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Looks great!!
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI