Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
  1. Best cookware for a galleymaid

We have the original 4 burner galleymaid stove/oven set in our ‘87 41C that works great. The burners are small and tight. What nesting cookware (removable handles, shareable lids) by brand and model do you wish you had or have?

we have a propane cartridge stove for cockpit frying and iron skillet use, but need some guidance from cruisers who love to cook with limited space.

Thanks for all input!

Re: Best cookware for a galleymaid

We have been very happy with the Magna set from Defender Marine. Works great, cleans easily, and stacks small. We have used our heavily for 2 years. Good luck
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

3. Re: Best cookware for a galleymaid

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    We have been very happy with the Magna set from Defender Marine. Works great, cleans easily, and stacks small. We have used our heavily for 2 years. Good luck
    Many thanks- I noticed that set right away and appreciate the recommendation.

My old Galley Maid is long gone and I have a two burner glass top in the galley.

Over the years I ve been using a number of small appliances which are great alternatives to standard cooktop

Among them….
    -Large electric skillet which offers even cooking, great when cooking for more than 2 or 3.
    -Ninja Air fryer/Grill. We use it every day for everything incl reheating, toasting etc. The grill plate and temperature sensor is fantastic for everything from filet mignons, to salmon or rack of lamb. All cooked to perfection.
    -Cuisinart Gridler. Not just for sandwiches but anything that requires a flat cooking surface.

All of these are easy to store and pull when needed

Stove top, I can’t be with a couple of lodge cast iron skillets…
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

5. Re: Best cookware for a galleymaid

Thanks Pascal, your advice is always spot on. The air fryer will definitely be added. We have a griddle as well. The electric pan is also a great idea. We’re trying to live as much on the hook using our lipo/solar/inverter system, though I envision running the generator every evening to cook/ top up batteries/ maybe heat some water. The 41C doesn’t have a lot of interior storage, so we are doing inventory of every space before departure (hopefully) end of Dec. hope to bump into you maybe in the Exumas late Spring.

Two improvements galley-wise for us were tossing the 110v princess in favor of a LPG princess three burner/oven and replacing the original galley sink 12x12 with a new 16x12. We can make home made pizza in the oven, roast chickens, even made a corned beef during a hurricane one year and best of all no generator early am. The extra 4" width of the new sink makes cleaning up so much easier. a 12" pan will fit in the sink laying flat and that means a lot. other than that our cookware is kenmore top line stuff not nesting. The removable handle thing seemed too wonky for me.

7. Re: Best cookware for a galleymaid

I thought seriously about changing to gas, but other expenses took priority.... Thanks for the input.