Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1992 65' m.y. Disability liveaboard in ft. Lauderdale

4 stateroom with concealed elevator from Saloon to Master. Perfect condition; presently my home. Present owner paralyzed from waist down in a wheelchair. Bathroom modified with ceiling tub lift. Hospital style bed. Over $100,000 in modifications. Clean survey 3 months ago. New bottom paint, just out of Merritt yard. I'm 90 years old and time to go ashore. Make me an offer. IMG_6685.jpgbigreelsc@gmail.com
    Last edited by bigreelsc; 09-08-2021 at 03:03 PM.

Re: 1992 65' m.y. Disability liveaboard in ft. Lauderdale

She looks like a nice boat. I looked at the photos from when I presume you bought her in 2012. Does the elevator arrive below inside the master stateroom closet? And above I would guess it's on the stbd side just aft of the stairway. Is that accurate? If I'm looking at the right boat she has 1271's with probably not many hours since overhaul and she has the light pickled interior. Good luck with her sale.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Good afternoon. My name is Alex Johnston. So glad to hear at 90 you are still on the water. Proves to
    me that in my 70's it's OK to have the dream !!
    This could be very interesting. We have been thinking of living aboard 5 months each year, on the
    Great lakes. A few questions; power, 1271? hours. Generator(s) brand and hours.
    Any photo's to better understand modifications you have had installed. This is larger than we were
    looking for. but an idea is just a starting point. Sometimes things change.
    Could you give me some idea of what price range you are looking for. We don't want to finance this,
    and we don't want to waste your or our time.
    Any photos would be much appreciated.
    My email is; newport.alex@gmail.com
    Phone; 507 398 5053
    Thank you for your time.
    Best
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    Good afternoon. My name is Alex Johnston. So glad to hear at 90 you are still on the water. Proves to
    me that in my 70's it's OK to have the dream !!
    This could be very interesting. We have been thinking of living aboard 5 months each year, on the
    Great lakes. A few questions; power, 1271? hours. Generator(s) brand and hours.
    Any photo's to better understand modifications you have had installed. This is larger than we were
    looking for. but an idea is just a starting point. Sometimes things change.
    Could you give me some idea of what price range you are looking for. We don't want to finance this,
    and we don't want to waste your or our time.
    Any photos would be much appreciated.
    My email is; newport.alex@gmail.com
    Phone; 507 398 5053
    Thank you for your time.
    Best
    Alex
    To describe my boat Temptation is like describing a beloved child. I’ve had her for 9 years and spent the first 5 months modifying her to accommodate my lifestyle and infirmity; I am fully paralyzed from the waist down for 22 years. It has been my home as I can easily eat, work, sleep and entertain aboard. I had a full independent survey done in July 22, 2021 and all is good except expired dates on fire extinguishers, etc. (with Covid we aren’t cruising). Light birch wood interior and lots of screened windows that open allow for an outdoor feeling. The engines are upgraded Detroit’s 12V-71TA”s, 1765 hrs. port and 1789 hrs. starboard since upgrade, 900 hp each. Genset is a Phasor K4-21 with 3682 hrs. There is a battery/inverter backup for the electric bed and elevator should the genset fail while offshore. An Achilles RIB Model HB 350X with a Tohatsu 25hp Model MFS25A is aft of the flybridge and launched with a radio controlled Marquipt davit with extending arm. The 6 man liferaft is a Survitec, 12 lifejackets, etc. We have a KVH satellite that receives a clean DirecTV picture in Georgetown, Exuma, Bahamas, internet antenna, fully reverse cycle Cruisair air conditioning, new Westinghouse refrigerator, concealed wheelchair accessible elevator from saloon to master bedroom; fully Imron painted in 2008 and Captain maintained since; I can go on and on. I will send any photos that I can. Asking $450,000. in a direct sale. I invite inspection by knowledgeable persons. We are in Pompano Beach, FL, just north of Ft. Lauderdale. bigreelsc@gmail.com Steve C.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    She looks like a nice boat. I looked at the photos from when I presume you bought her in 2012. Does the elevator arrive below inside the master stateroom closet? And above I would guess it's on the stbd side just aft of the stairway. Is that accurate? If I'm looking at the right boat she has 1271's with probably not many hours since overhaul and she has the light pickled interior. Good luck with her sale.
    Eric, you've pretty much nailed it. I could send a picture of the disappearing elevator from the saloon if I could figure out how to attach in this environment. Steve C. bigreelsc@gmail.com

I wouldn't see why a home healthcare worker can't work on the boat the same as a house. Especially on that one, it's bigger than your average house. In the current environment where you're lucky to get any work done at all it would cost so much to recreate what you've already done there to suit your needs, that I'd keep it and let the estate sell it when hopefully after some time far in the future you're gone.

Quote Originally Posted by cww View Post
    I wouldn't see why a home healthcare worker can't work on the boat the same as a house. Especially on that one, it's bigger than your average house. In the current environment where you're lucky to get any work done at all it would cost so much to recreate what you've already done there to suit your needs, that I'd keep it and let the estate sell it when hopefully after some time far in the future you're gone.
    You're correct except that I'm 90 years old, paralyzed from the waist down and wheelchair access throughout the cruising areas outside the US are very limited. Inside are better (thank you ADA) but dockage, upkeep and insurance are becoming a financial problem also. It's time to say goodbye to my "girl" and call it a day. I've been blessed with over 70 years of boating; been there, done that. The first $450,00. buys her with all her comforts. Steve