Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: Advice: Boatyard problem

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    Great. The 2 times we did really heavy work over the winter we put the foil covered sheets of foam under the shrink over the cockpit area up to the hardtop, made a big difference holding heat in.

Always been a fan of Snow White until recently, now I like Cloud White better. Have 2 boats with Snow topsides and they now look yellowish to me which I know is wrong.
    What color are going to use on the hull?
    Viking did their summer 80' demo with a dark navy hull instead of grey they've been using the last few years, my guess is that's a signal the grey era is coming to a close.
    Be interesting to see what color their winter demo is.

And, we need more photos, apparently you've been holding out on us for years.........
    Had akzo nobel custom mix awlcraft 2000 to match Interlux #52 Azure Blue (like a mix of mint green, ice blue and whisper grey), sentimental, it was the color of
    my father's boat in the 1960's. Yeah I owe photos. I'll try to batch them up by specific projects, opening
    up the cockpit hatches, mold making, casting the new parts... install etc. There are literally over 1000 photos
    as we progressed.
    50c-1980-DYLAMAR

Re: Advice: Boatyard problem

I just saw this thread. I'm a lawyer (don't shoot me!) and have done marina evictions and seizures. Even in the absolute worst case scenario if you can't work something out with him, he still has to go file suit and get a court order, he can't just toss your stuff and boat out of the yard on his own. Because it's on the hard there is no admiralty jurisdiction where you can expedite things, it would be a standard state court action. That process takes weeks to complete. So as a practical matter you will have more time than what he's told you. But that doesn't stop him from being an a-hole and making your life miserable, so I think you're on the right track with get out of there as soon as possible.