Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Advice: Boatyard problem

We are on the final part. Scuff and paint the hull (been painted twice previous by the old owner - It
    would probably pass but we are changing the hull color)put some hardware, vents etc. back on. All
    help is in place. From the rubrail up all has been painted with awlcraft 2000 (3 base 3 clear sanded to
    2000g and buffed out) Winter work is interior stuff, new sea chest feed in the engine room and
    installing the teak covering/bolster boards. Spring was the new hardtop on the bridge. The decks have ALL been
    replaced, the deck house has been rebuilt (new frameless windows), the bridge has been reworked
    (center pod-freezer & deck) Cockpit total rework with transom livewell and two in deck fishboxes (one
    will be the ice dump for the eskimo machine) all new teak covering boards like a GT. New rails, ladder
    to bridge etc.... Anything wet on the boat core wise is 100% I am one man and not rolling in the $$$
    I wish i could write a check and have it done to my standards. The last major work done on the boat was
    by the previous owner and was done at Rybovich/Spencer including full paint and re power with 12 cyl Man 2842
    engines & new generator. It has been a lOOOOng project and materials have been tough to come by in the
    Northeast. Waited 4 months for Cloud White paint up to 2 month for resin at times and 6 months for the tempered
    laminated salon windows. Very pleased with the progress and level of work, I will NEVER take on a project
    of this magnitude again. I was warned by more than a few that it was a huge project.... I should have
    listened and heeded the warnings. Just really pissed that at the finish line another wrench was thrown
    our way....
    50c-1980-DYLAMAR

He's gonna miss you when you're gone.

I like Finalee's idea. Put on the full-court press and get it sprayed before you have to move. I realize it's probably wishful thinking but a man has to dream.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Can't you take down the shed to make him happy, and roll and tip the hull sides before winter?

You can get really good results rolling and tipping. Also uses a lot less paint, which is a major expense. Good luck with this. Sounds horrible.

The fact that the shed has been there for a few years is evidence that it was constructed on the property with consent. The arbitrary withdrawal of consent without notice is contrary to the implied terms of reasonableness.
    It might also be argued that you acquired an interest in the property by reason of your " improvement" ( constructive trust) and are entitled to be compensated for the enhancement in value. You might seek an injunction to protect that interest. I' m guessing that about $5000 in fees would get that process rolling and freeze the status quo for more time than you need.
    ASAP consult with a litigation lawyer. I think that consultation will be worth the time and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    He's gonna miss you when you're gone.

I like Finalee's idea. Put on the full-court press and get it sprayed before you have to move. I realize it's probably wishful thinking but a man has to dream.
    Don't think I'll be missed when I leave. They may miss the free services I provided them over the years, free crane service for a variety of things from stepping a mast
    to re stringing a flagpole, setting hardtop on their customers boats.... never once sent an invoice, told them thank you for letting me have my shed.
    50c-1980-DYLAMAR

As suggested, spend some $$ on fast tracking a roll and tip, and remove the shed . Then negotiate again or move. I wouldn't engage a RE attorney on this. You are likely a tenant-at-will, and will become a tenant-at-sufferance, if things escalate. If it gets personal, the tenant loses, in my experience.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

Paint the hull drop it the water everything else can be done in the water or were you move it to.THere is a guy in Florida that paints boats with a brush and it looks sprayed Youtube how to do it ans knock it out.

The shed in question.
    IMG_2891.JPGIMG_3211.JPGIMG_4523.JPG
    50c-1980-DYLAMAR

some photos of project
    IMG_3184.JPGIMG_7641.JPGIMG_5397.JPG
    50c-1980-DYLAMAR