Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Marina/yard recomendation near Stuart

We are checking out of River Forest Marina and looking for a good yard to do some "alongside" boat work prior to slipping for the Bahamas in November.

Any recomendations? St Lucie Canal to Stuart.

Thanks in advance

Chasing28

Re: Marina/yard recomendation near Stuart

Not sure if still there, but had good experience with Allied Marine there, canal side of the bridge..

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Dennis View Post
    Not sure if still there, but had good experience with Allied Marine there, canal side of the bridge..
    Thanks Dennis. I will check it out!

A&J at the end of Manatee Pocket is reasonably well-regarded. Also...Sailfish has a large yard and does a lot of work. Apex at Roosevelt Bridge might be recommended but not for haul-out work. And I had some quality issues with Apex.
    I assume you want work done while you're in a slip. Have you considered staying in a marina and contracting out the work to mobile service providers? You MIGHT get better results for less money.

I second A&J. My boat stays at River Forest during Hurricane season. River Forest has done a lot of work on my boat. The sub most trades out but overall I have been satisfied.

Chasing28....sent you a PM.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com