Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

New Hatteras owner

Just peeking in to give a quick greetings from a new owner (err perhaps better described as a new owner of a rather old Hatteras).My wife and I have just purchased a 1962 34' Sports Cruiser (HIN 34-SC-032) with intentions of weekend cruising on the Great Lakes and some salmon fishing. After looking over a lot of vessels we decided on the Hatteras as it had an intangible cool factor as well as being one of the best maintained boats we had the opportunity to tour. It's no doubt going to take a bit of work to bring it back to pristine condition but the recent survey called it out as above average condition so mostly aesthetic improvements are in the works besides outfitting it tastfully for fishing duties. Looking forward to a new adventure!

Re: New Hatteras owner

That's such a cool model. You're going to have a great time with a nice cockpit, handy little bridge, etc etc...all in a compact package.

Good luck and I hope you post a lot of pictures.

https://www.boattrader.com/boat/1962...uiser-7945866/
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C

Take care of her.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I'll obviously have to learn how to post pictures since we plan to do some improvements and I'm usually terrible about taking before/after photos! Im pretty sure my wife expects it to be not only taken care of but improved so there will no doubt be plenty of questions for folks here who are undoubtedly more knowledgeable than myself.

My wife and I had a 1963 34SC. She was a great boat and a battleship when it came to rough weather. I wish you the best of luck with her!
    BobWaz
    1987 40 DC #322
    Knot Again!
    Champlain, NY

Thanks I think it's going to be a great boat for our needs and Hatteras sure builds them sturdy!