Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Would You Spend $75/Day To Spend Cruise/Sleep On My Museum Quality 43DC?

I'm still tweaking this website and came up with a name that's easier to remember. Any of you HOF guys that I have met personally or simply haven't been... you know, will get a 50% HOF'er discount on the already ridiculous introductory numbers. That discount will extend to the other boats and cars in the fleet. Complete details on the website.

Those of you who I have met personally and consider to be a personal friend (you know who you are) will go to the top of the list as far as getting first shot at whatever date you want. You can spend one day or any number of days up to a week. I just want to get the word out and then I'll start raising rates.

Anyone who can fly into Knoxville via Allegiant can do this dirt cheap. It'll make a nice little getaway, and I'll enjoy your company.

I talked to Doug, and he's having issues with the ad page right now. I'll have an ad up and running as soon as he tells me it's ready to go.

TimelessFloatingCondo.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Re: Would You Spend $75/Day To Spend Cruise/Sleep On My Museum Quality 43DC?

Note: There are TONS of pics on the site, but due to GoDaddy screwing everything up, you can't see them. Let me try something.

Nope. I could only share with giving you the ability to edit the site. I'll have them fix it tomorrow. Photos of the boat that are already on here, and photos of the cars, boats, and my new land yacht will be there.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Honestly, I would rather spend more and get a bigger boat with more room and comfort. A bigger boat will also be less crowded with guests and crew aboard. Who wants to pay to camp on a boat with strangers (crew) sharing the salon at night and stinking up the head in the morning? Also, at $75 pp per night, you are going to get budget/price conscious customers who may not be the easiest to please. Those who pinch the life out of their pennies are often quite demanding, it’s a contradiction, but it has been true in my experience.

This may not be what you want to hear, but you did ask……
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

I'd be worried about insurance and liability issues. We live in a time when people are looking to blame and seek compensation. One lawsuit, without total coverage and an umbrella to boot, and you could be financially ruined. These old boats are hard enough to get insurance for, I can imagine as a rental vessel, moored or moving, insurance would be expensive and tough to get. Getting a standard policy and having a liability claim denied because the vessel was used as a rental... I'd make sure you're totally covered before you get paying customers. FWIW
    https://www.boatus.com/expert-advice...er-boat-rental
    Last edited by dottieshusband; 08-31-2021 at 12:42 PM.

Guys, you are making this too complicated, but I appreciate the input. I will absolutely have an attorney draw up a contract to address all perils. That being said, this is nothing more than renting your home for a week through VRBO to a visiting guest. I may advertise with them too, but they take a cut. I don't think I'll have to. The boat is already insured, and I'll stick with liability only until the loan I'm securing for this and another business venture is paid off. Then I'll revert to liability only as is the case with everything else I own. I self insure with the knowledge that carrying full coverage is a guaranteed loss. It's like betting on something with the odds are 98% in your favor. Why do you think the insurance business is so profitable? I lose something paid for, and it only takes away from my net worth, not from my pocket.

These folks will be covered under my insurance as guests. I may have to rethink the boat rental thing, but again, I will be the judge of their ability, and I know how to say, sorry. I already have them on the boat, and I'm already making money.

As for spending this kind of money on that particular boat, it's free and clear, it's mine, and I love it. It will be totally unique, and that is very much a part of the appeal. Laugh if you want, but I have been told that I am a creative genius. As a one man show, I have sold $25M+ of gun safes over my 40 year span in that business. That happened because I did things nobody ever tried before. I started with a $30K investment, and yes, I am now a millionaire, even after a 50/50 split with the ex 8 years ago. It's all good, and you will absolutely love this boat.

As for creativity, here is how you can picture the name. I hope I didn't share this but I don't have time to look. I have a book to finish. The T in Timeless will be in the same font (or close) to the "power T" the Vols use. It will be orange. To the left of the name, there will be a gold pocket watch with no hands. Get it? The gold chain from the watch will make a clockwise circle around the watch and underline the name of the boat.

I will have the URL and toll-free number prominently displayed on both sides of the boat via a large banner, but only when I don't have a customer on the boat. Riding around in my boat will be an advertising expense. EVERYONE will look and this boat, and EVERYONE will want to be on it. Imagine the response when I pull into the docks near Neyland with this thing. UT flags flying, and an extremely obnoxious sound system (that I will turn down) will get their attention until they see the boat. Then that will become the focus.

It will have the same result as my driving my Blazer (you can see it on my website now) into a crowd of people. EVERYBODY loves and old truck and wants to talk about it. Oh yeah, I just thought of something. I need to advertise a max of six if they want to ride in the boat vs just hanging out on it. Don't want to be like, you know.

One last thing, has anybody heard anything from Tim Powell? He still hasn't replied to my text.
    Last edited by Freeebird; 08-31-2021 at 01:01 PM.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

One other thing. I will stop offering anything other than a floating condo when my loan is paid off. I just need all the cash I can get right now as I hate paying interest. That means I don't have to run the boat, and my son (or whomever) can manage the business while I play with my new land yacht.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Randy,I was looking at your website. Looks really good. You mentioned about all the work that’s been done or is being done on this boat. Who are you having do it? We want to upgrade our 40 DC at least with new furniture and I’d like to fix the back deck to enclose it. Are there people in Knoxville?

Quote Originally Posted by cnairn View Post
    Randy,I was looking at your website. Looks really good. You mentioned about all the work that’s been done or is being done on this boat. Who are you having do it? We want to upgrade our 40 DC at least with new furniture and I’d like to fix the back deck to enclose it. Are there people in Knoxville?
    Funny, I was just discussing this today with a friend. I’m putting up a metal building next month to house it while I’m working on it this winter.

The plan is to do most of it myself with the help of numerous friends. Sanding isn’t exactly skilled labor unless you have it done at a yard. Then it’s $125 per hour.

I have carpenter/woodworking friends and auto body/paint friends too, none of whom will charge me anywhere near that kind of money. Right now I need to find a trailer to store it on.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

When did you buy a 43DC? Did you trade up from the 41?

Do you actually know what boat you've owned for the last 20 years?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    When did you buy a 43DC? Did you trade up from the 41?

Do you actually know what boat you've owned for the last 20 years?
    COVID fog brain fart. Can’t believe it took you, me or anyone else this long to catch it.

Same old gal (41DC) I’ve owned for over 15 years now. If not for the attachment, I would spend the money.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93