Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Wanted: Original Propellers for 53MY/58YF

Looking for an undamaged spare set of the standard 28x31 props.

Re: Wanted: Original Propellers for 53MY/58YF

Quote Originally Posted by cww View Post
    Looking for an undamaged spare set of the standard 28x31 props.
    I have a set. I think they are 28 x 29. I'll have to look but won't be able to get to them for 2 weeks.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I have a set. I think they are 28 x 29. I'll have to look but won't be able to get to them for 2 weeks.
    What kind of numbers did you get with them? I have the 871ti’s so you have slightly more power but it should be pretty similar. Did you get to 2300? If so - interested.

I am curious too - according to my survey I have 28 x 32 4 blades on now and top out at 1950 WOT. Is this on par for the extra inch of pitch? 871Ti's.

I have spare set under the masterberth and will look for their size markings tonight. I don't have any way to verify the survey at this point.
    Matt
    1976 58' YF, Hull #410
    "Time Out West"

Quote Originally Posted by cww View Post
    What kind of numbers did you get with them? I have the 871ti’s so you have slightly more power but it should be pretty similar. Did you get to 2300? If so - interested.
    I had these tuned because I could not make 2350 loaded. That got me close so then I took my other set in and had them take another 1/2" of pitch out. Those are the ones I run, 28 x 28.5". I've just kept these as spares but I no longer need them.

Our weights and horsepower are pretty close to the same.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI