Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Yachtsmanbill

Yachtsmanbill

Every time I start a thread to keep track of our members with COVID, it seems to somehow get CLOSED.

So, I'll try again.

I hear Bill is off the vent but still in the hospital. He may be discharged by the end of the week but it seems unclear if he can come home or into some sort of facility for rehab first.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Re: Yachtsmanbill

No comment. I don't want to be the one that gets it closed.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

If he makes it out of the hospital, he will be one of the 20 percent that do. The vent has a 80 percent fatality rate.
    Jimmy
    2000 Mainship 390 "Anticipation"
    Currenty at The Wharf, Orange Beach AL
    http://anticipation-cruisingwiththeb...1_archive.html

Quick search- overall case fatality rate from pooled data about 50%- but just getting OFF the vent improves his chances, if he can stay off the ventilator.

Too late Scott, you commented! I hope Willie recovers well.

Walt Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Every time I start a thread to keep track of our members with COVID, it seems to somehow get CLOSED.

So, I'll try again.

I hear Bill is off the vent but still in the hospital. He may be discharged by the end of the week but it seems unclear if he can come home or into some sort of facility for rehab first.
    I don’t get that either, but I have my suspicions.

I’m definitely going up to see him and Pat once he’s able to have visitors.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I read that Bill is still highly sedated and may be in the hospital for another week.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Friends, boaters and HOF members, lend me your ears.

I'm sure any of you who are following this are aware that our friend Bill has a tough road ahead of him and we are all praying for his swift recovery. However, without saying too much, Bill is a long way from being ready to leave the hospital and will definitely not be in any kind of shape to resume normal activities for a significant time. Meanwhile Ppat has her hands full dealing with the home and trying to help Bill.

While Bill and Pat are as persistent as any of us, so is old man winter. Bill's Roamer needs to be put to bed soon (because you know Wisconsin's week long boating season is almost over) and Ppat and company are not in a position to take on the job of winterizing and getting the boat in storage.

A group of us are trying to get a heated indoor storage location set up so the boat can be put up quickly and will not require a lot of prep work so it will be off their hands. We're also trying to raise some funds to supplement their regular winter budget to help cover the cost differential for the indoor storage. We've estimated that she will need approximately $2200 more to cover the gap. We have commitments of $1000 so far.

We don't want to use a go-fund-me or other similar site because they skim money off the top. If anybody is able to help out please contact me via PM and I will give you Pat's information so you can send a check directly to her.

Thanks everybody for your time and consideration.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Done.

Do your part, gentlemen. Bill is a big part of this forum, and he needs our help.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Thank you everybody who has responded.

We are very close to reaching the number we need and I can't say enough about the kindness and generosity of the people here.

At this point the math says we need another $200 to help keep the Roamer safe for the winter.

Thank you all again for your support.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375