Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Yachtsmanbill

Re: Yachtsmanbill

mine just went out before i read of the problem. they can keep it for whatever they may need
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Mine already went out. Put it to good use, Pat.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Seems I misunderstood. My promised $200 was part of the equation at that point. In the mail when I get home on Saturday.

Oh yeah, it seems to me that now that everything is clear, I'm sure Willy could use all the help he can get after being out of the game for so long. Hope I'm not speaking out of turn, but I say keep 'em coming if you feel like it.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Hi Guys! (And gals!!) Ive been out on Tierra Firma for about a week, and its actually taken me this long to read all the replies etc from all the generous folks here.

Certainly glad I chose to keep dads' pocket yacht. Its just over 15 years since the HATT TRICK became available (sank in Sept of 2005) at the owners dock in Jennings La. post hurricane RITA and was considered a "As Totaled" salvage job yet vast projects bein with half vast ideas. I saw glory at the end of the rainbow thinking I could re-do , support the habit, and make a smooth transition to south of the 40th Par, I didnt see the realistic side of things. with fuel, improvements, insurance, etc. etc. that I had to take a few steps back...Trying to support 2 yachts is plain crazy thinking. Add into that the labor on projects and the fun was rolling backward exponentially. If yer one of "us" youll know what Im saying. So Ive managed to keep my dads 1963 36 foot aluminum Roamer literally through Hell and High Water. Pops appreciates it I hope. "Stupid Boat Squabble Separates Family Amidst Owners Loss". Pretty accurate statement.

At any rate, back on topic, the whole covid deal IS a tuff pill to swallow . A few weeks on the vent in a drug induced coma (embarrassment down the drain for all the weird stuff not withstanding) having to see Pat through a few layers of glass in a negative pressure barrier on my birthday was a real slap upside the head from the big guy upstairs. Anti- Coagulant shots in the nave 2X per day? Hope youll never know the pleasure. Pulling IVs out and having torridly bad hallucinations and becoming a combative patient? Jokes on you. Been there and done that and sure wouldnt wish all this fun on anyone other than those that stated the fiasco 20 years ago in NYC. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! Im starting to feel a rant developing here which is not my intent. If you guys know me, I hope this all makes sense; if not please bear with me. Theres been quite a few Generous contributions to us here and everyone will receive a thank you card for helping; never thinking we'd be in such a position, but thats how this stuff nails ya know? If theres anything Pat or I can do to help anyone here, its time to put it in print. Knowing that the neighborhood of yachtspeople was such a grand help in these time of trouble came as such a surprise that I dont know what else to say. GOD bless all you guys (GOD is of your choice!) HE'S a big help when you finally make that call, or just prayers and best wishes that kid that finally graduated . Bill and Pat in Two Rivers
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Well shit, pardon my candor, but this makes me really happy. To be frank, I have been scared to check into this forum or that other place across the hall in fear of news I dreaded. So great to see you posting!!!

It's great to get some good news during the never ending stream of crap we are dealt on the subject! Welcome back!
    Regards
    Dan

Welcome back Bill, great to see your post!
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL

Super good news, Bill!

I have this image of you in a coma and the docs standing around scratching their heads "no brain activity, yet he lives!"

Happy you pulled through, buddy. Great to have you back.

DAN

Quote Originally Posted by drburke View Post
    Super good news, Bill!

I have this image of you in a coma and the docs standing around scratching their heads "no brain activity, yet he lives!"

Happy you pulled through, buddy. Great to have you back.

DAN
    We really need a "like" button.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I wanted to thank all those that helped us get through this troubling time from the bottom of my heart. Even though Ive been home for a few weeks (I think?) I still find it pretty difficult to put thoughts and words together, then be able to put the prose into type. The hand -eye coordination is slowly coming back along with balance and even taste. Pat being the saint that she is has begun mailing out thank you notes to all those who've helped. She took that upon herself after trying to negotiate my poor handwriting which has even deteriorated more so. The notes come from both of us!

So far Ive probably recovered 50% and thats much to the surprise of the home care PT and OT nurses that come by here a few times a week.I just started driving, as in a few blocks to the gas station, get home and negotiate 4 steps up to the house and have a case of "rubber band" legs. Thats quite a bit of muscle loss. The inside storage is a God-send, and even with Scott the step son helping will still be a ton of work. Lotsa plans for later on this winter, but for now its just a wait and see deal.Thanks again for the help and the prayers. EVERY little bit helped. God bless you one and all! Bill & Pat
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults