Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Anyone know the Hatteras 53' for sale in Inver Grove Minnesota?

Haven't seen this boat in-person. But did see that she was under contract a couple of months ago. Then she came back on the market. Doesn't necessarily mean anything. But definitely something to be aware of.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by cww View Post
    No personal knowledge of the boat, but just wanted to say it looks very nice and being in MN will be freshwater. If it's half as nice in real life as in the pictures, I'd jump on that. The crappy ones sit but the nice ones don't. My search for a 53 was limited only to non-projects, I looked for more than a year and got sniped on several boats. In one case the owner (who is also a broker) decided he didn't want to sell the boat after all, ghosted me, and pulled the listing down. On another the broker used my interest to push another guy he'd been working on already off the fence. One sold while I was in the car on the way to south Florida to look at it. When I finally found the one I ended up buying, I asked to take it out for a sea trial before spending a bunch of money on formal surveys, and the owner agreed. I learned my lesson from the last 5 times and made a deal before we got back to the dock. When we did get back this couple from NYC was standing there waiting, they'd driven down to look at it. I found out later he tried to snipe me, the seller said no because we already shook hands, how often do you see that anymore. The point is this market is nuts. If you're for real interested in one, you have to move quick or it's snipe-city.
    Thanks for the info , much appreciated

Felix, did you end up pursuing this boat? I just ran across it in my search as well.

Quote Originally Posted by crabshack View Post
    Felix, did you end up pursuing this boat? I just ran across it in my search as well.
    Just looked, it shows pending?