Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1982 61 CPMY thinking of selling

I have had some changes in my plans as a result of the Covid 19 insanity and might be thinking about selling my Hatteras 61 cockpit motor yacht. Boat is located in the Caribbean and I do not want to move it back to the U.S. if I decide to sell.
    Wondering what it would be worth.
    Had an excellent complete awlgrip bright white paint job a few years ago and it was done right.
    12v71ti Engines, 650 hp have 800 hours and run perfectly.
    I am still in the process of finishing off a list of work that needs doing and one of the problems is getting the work done in my location.
    Has two Phasor 21kw generators. 1 has 450 hrs, #2 has 1,200 hrs both need new electrical ends.
    Stabilizers were removed but I have all components..
    Needs new windlass motor.
    Bow thruster needs new electric motor.
    A couple of the A/C units need new compressors.
    A number of thru hulls need replacing.
    We completed a redo on the interior.
    It is a nice boat in good condition, and I say that as someone who was in the business of selling boats for a lot of years.

ANY IDEAS ON PRICING.

Re: 1982 61 CPMY thinking of selling

Any ideas
    HELP

In the current environment, there is almost no market for a project. Geography is also a huge challenge for you. I'm not sure what to suggest value-wise.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

The country where the boat is located will dictate the tax situation. You could have it surveyed, and then interview some brokers. That way you will have better information to manage a sale from a long distance. No one could reasonably offer price guidance with the information posted so far. Too many unknowns. My $0.02 and only a marine industry customer.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

Somewhere around 300,000

Do you have any current pictures? I maybe interested however, I have not talked to my broker about purchasing outside of CONUS.

It is listed on Yacht World now, have a look and if you have any questions I am happy to talk.

8. Re: 1982 61 CPMY thinking of selling

Quote Originally Posted by rourkeh View Post
    It is listed on Yacht World now, have a look and if you have any questions I am happy to talk.
    Rather “rosy”.