Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Insurance Source needed

Hello folks

I have a 1986 52C. I’ve just spent several years going through things and she looks to be in pretty good shape. I let the insurance lapse while she was on the hard and I now have a wet slip in Port Canaveral.

The marina is giving me trouble about not having coverage at the moment and not naming them as a loss payee. I reached out to my insurance rep, He ensures my 38 rampage. He tells me that he only had a certain allocation to cover older vessels like mine.

Does anyone have a suggestion or a source? I could go with liability only if needed but would prefer basic coverage.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Re: Insurance Source needed

Do you have a current survey? There’s only a handful of markers writing these boats in the south east currently. I can help but survey is key.

Thanks for the quick response. I sent you a PM with my phone number.

Roger

I’m surprised your marina even let you in without proof of insurance. There have been so many berth fires they have been forced to protect themselves. Boat owners are suing the marina because they didn’t make sure owners of the boats that caused the fires were covered. Good luck.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Like anything these days, where there’s ri$k, there is a charge. But we’ve been with Boat U.S. For years on our 1978 53 MY. These days they’re underwritten by GEICO. ABOUT 3k per year, plus our Marina and HOA is listed as an additionally insured for $1M. We’re in CA. The docks are owned in a legal “dockominium”, just like a condo.
    Captain Chuck Bullett; W1AEK
    Chartmaker 1978 53MY Hull #522
    On-Air 2014 31 Benetau Oceanis Sloop
    chuckbullett@gmail.com

Give Keith Sargis with Novamar a call, he was by far the most professional, responsive, and get it gone guy involved in the purchase of insuring my 52c. (904) 293-0711
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

I can't say enough good things about this broker in Ft Lauderdale. They came thru for us last summer and we're renewing with them this week.

Lauderdale Marine Underwriters, Inc.
    408 South Andrews Avenue, Suite # 205
    Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
    954-678-2668
    Fax 954-678-2646
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

I use Beale Marine in Jacksonville, they’re fantastic, multi generational company owned by the same family. They’ve always taken care of me.

Quote Originally Posted by cww View Post
    I use Beale Marine in Jacksonville, they’re fantastic, multi generational company owned by the same family. They’ve always taken care of me.
    Next time you talk directly, tell the shop hello from Ralph & Josie Crapps.
    They are a great shop.

Not trying to hijack the thread but I also will be looking for insurance in Florida. Same boat same year as OP. Bought a home in Flagler Beach and boat will be in St Augustine. Current agent told me if I go south of Cumberland GA before Nov1 I have no coverage. He also told me due to year of my boat it’s going to be very difficult to insure in Fl as my home port. Do others on this site that live in Fl have issues with insurance due to hurricane risk? Are you covered for hurricane or is that an exclusion on policy? I plan to have a plan in place to pay the fee for a marina spot in St Augustine to haul in event of a hurricane. Was not something I even thought bout when making the decision to move to Florid from North Carolina ,having to deal with insurance coverage issue.