Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

impellers 8-71 detroits

Two new impellers $100

Re: impellers 8-71 detroits

Still available? What are the DDC and JABSCO part numbers?

They were purchased from diesel pro in Florida for my 871 turbo and have no knowledge of the numbers. I sold boat and had these in my garage.

Measure the height as they sit on end. 3 1/2" or 4 1/2"
    Then ensure it has a brass spline or black squared insert.
    Lastly, number of blades.

This has been your Detroit / Jabcso moment.

They are Jabsco 17936-0001

Rubber doesn’t age well like whisky or wine. Even unused how old are they?
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Two years old

Quote Originally Posted by tracy View Post
    Two years old
    Should be fine. I wish they had a mfg date code on them. I got a set at the local yard one time. The packaging looked old I didn’t get out of the slings before both spun the hubs in the rubbers. Impeller blades were fine. Yard true to claim I installed them wrong.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Should be fine. I wish they had a mfg date code on them. I got a set at the local yard one time. The packaging looked old I didn’t get out of the slings before both spun the hubs in the rubbers. Impeller blades were fine. Yard true to claim I installed them wrong.
    On another forum I saw a thread about countertop vacuum sealers IE kitchen appliances. We had a spare set of raw water impellers aboard when we moved onto our boat. and vacuum-sealed them. My concern is that the Jabsco raw water pumps on my DD's don't have any seal or gasket on the end cover, but their web site said there should be one there. With the mains running I have good water pressure according to the gages in the ER, and at the helm stations but after I shut down I can hear air sucking in at the cover plates. I have a set coming from Amazon, and am going to clean/polish the bearing plates and bought a new torque wrench since I am not sure how much I trust my old one anymore.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL