Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)

Threaded View

Re: Who can guess the deal with my 8v92s?

Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter53 View Post
    Have you tried powering up your synch? It shouldn’t matter but.....
    Kinda:

I was cruising at about 1k RPM about a month ago. I was testing switches and meant to pull the nav lights switch and pulled the sync switch. The port throttle went limp - just sitting at idle speed. As I moved the starboard lever up or down, the limp port lever was loose and the engine stayed at idle...wouldn't sync with the stbd but couldn't be moved manually.
    Wifey took the helm and I ran down to the ER. The breaker for the sync was off, as always. (I guess it doesn't need to be on for something to catch in the sync??) In a bit of a rush to get back up to the helm, I pushed on the port throttle rod coming out of the sync box. I felt it let go, like it was holding the port throttle magnetically. When I headed back up to the bridge, the port lever was responsive again.

So, last week I started the boat at the dock. Then, I went down and flicked the breaker on for the sync and went back to the bridge. No matter what, it wouldn't engage. I turned the switch on and off at different RPMs and could get the sync to grab at all.

I suppose I have to reset something in the sync box after that episode...or something. Now that I have the weekend, I'll get the manual out and give it a read.

The slide rods in the sync, as well as the cables, are all like new....slide so smooth. There's obviously some problem here based upon the ignorance of the owner and not the boat.
    Last edited by JuiceClark; 07-22-2021 at 08:01 PM.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C