Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Anyone have SF with under gunnel air intakes?

On my 1984 52c the exhaust come out the sides and not through the stern. I never have any soot build up. I think the side exhaust makes a huge difference!

Re: Anyone have SF with under gunnel air intakes?

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Don’t confuse fuel contamination with low quality. Doesn’t mater where you buy it it’s where it was refined. My son a combat pilot did 7 deployments in Afghanistan at Bagram AFB all the jet A and diesel we used there came from Russia. Their our enemies no? He used to say the jets smoked like crazy and the exhausts would coke up with carbon. Not exactly what you want for stealth operations
    Yes, this is all making sense now. The dirty charter SF that goes out daily seems to reveal the issue to be fuel quality. I also remember on trip to Keys in 19 transom was very dirty when we pulled into Key West. Refueled in Marathon at commercial dock. Got up to Fort Myers after battling winds and thunderstorms. No mess on the transom at all.
    I hope the additive is all we need.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP