Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Re: In the “If you see something-say something “ category

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Tons of flight training activity here in Vero and FoPo I wouldn’t worry. If anyone blows up the nuke plant it will be the incompetent idiots that work there.
    True, hilarious, and we’re doomed. Follow up. I filled out the very extensive two page FAA form yesterday. I received a email response this morning, with the advice to contact the Duty Officer at my nearest FDSO office, along with a link for me to locate said nearest office. It was Orlando. I called 407-487-7000 to hear the worlds longest recording. Call, it, and hear for yourselves. I got a kick out of “if you are calling to report a plane crash” towards the very end, after she just finished stating all the hours and days that they are closed. Listened to the whole thing, there was no mention of a Duty Officer. Doomed I say. I’ll go to our airport today. I just checked Flightradar24 and several of those foreign registered airlines, that are supposedly extinct are out flying today. These are all little planes.Oh, in another reason to worry category, a client/friend of mine is a engineer at a nuke plant in Pennsylvania. He said “don’t worry, our plants are designed to withstand plane crashes”. I reminded him, that he had more faith in General Contractors than me, because we just saw a whole condo building just collapse, and I’m pretty sure it wasn’t engineered to just fall down. But what IF, and how long would the plants be out of order if JUST the pylons holding the power lines that cross the rivers were taken out? Here in Ft.Pierce it’s taking six years just to widen a short road!
    Last edited by Retired1; 07-16-2021 at 12:50 PM.

Re: In the “If you see something-say something “ category

There is very little a single aengine aircraft can damage there is no way they could even take out a powerline. Ft Pierce is an international airport where most small aircraft clear customs coming back from the Bahamas. Lots of people fly up and down the beach at low altitudes sightseeing too. Your way over reacting. I assume you recently moved here. Florida and this area in particular have a lot of general aviation activity. get used to it.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

3. Re: In the “If you see something-say something “ category

There is very little a single aengine aircraft can damage there is no way they could even take out a powerline. Ft Pierce is an international airport where most small aircraft clear customs coming back from the Bahamas. Lots of people fly up and down the beach at low altitudes sightseeing too. Your way over reacting. I assume you recently moved here. Florida and this area in particular have a lot of general aviation activity. get used to it.
    You know what they say about assume. You’re very wrong. I finally spoke to the guy in charge, and he too was very concerned over the registered names of the planes, and their rather unusual routes yesterday. He promiseed an investigation because he too understands the symbolism of dates when it comes to Islamic Terrorism.
    Last edited by Retired1; 07-16-2021 at 07:34 PM.

4. Re: In the “If you see something-say something “ category

Follow up. Apparently “circling back” and “kicking it down the road” is the standard operating procedure for the Feds. To whomever mentioned “the Feds are weak” was not kidding. So, on Friday the FAA Operations person called me. He was confused why I received email from the FAA telling me to contact him, and proceeded to try to tell me how to make a report, only to discover that there was no phone number, and reached the same form that I filled out. I even had the case # assigned to the complaint. He didn’t know there was a nuclear power plant, and I waited while he looked on his computer. “Where is it in relationship to the airport?” Eight miles SE. He listened (this was 3:45 pm on Friday) , seemed concerned and rather baffled, told me he would contact the Tower at the Airport. He just emailed me an hour ago (Sunday afternoon) that the “tower told him that it wouldn’t be unusual for flights taking off to the SE to fly that direction, and maybe the foreign registered planes were landing to clear Customs, but in any event -The St. Lucie Sheriffs Aviation unit was in charge, and they would respond with a helicopter to investigate any suspicious activity “ and gave me their phone number. I called this number, and it was indeed a human at the Aviation Dept of the Sheriffs Dept who answered. That’s good, especially on a Sunday. The fellow didn’t understand why I was calling him, as “it’s the FAA who’s responsible for aircraft registration”. I read him the email. He asked me “how did you discover all this information? I replied “Flightradar24 app, you’re familiar with that aren’t you?” No, was the answer (holy shit!!) so I explained it to him. His response after listening to my concerns of the foreign registrations “The FPL Power Plant has their own security team who will report any suspicious flights to us, which we will investigate “ HOW, if you don’t even have the app that tracks airplanes locations, and routes? He did explain that the Flight School leases planes, so perhaps the registry is to the companies that actually owned the planes (makes sense) but also thought their common Muslim country origins was rather odd. So, he will look into it, and bring up installing the app, at their next meeting. I said “it’s free, you can do it right now for your own phone, you don’t need permission, but at any rate, I’ve completed my duty to Report Suspicious Activities, it’s in your hands now.” Doomed we are. Lol. Especially reading the links Mr. Smith provided here detailing the past mistakes of the FPL Power plant. I’m afraid the Simpsons is likely more true than not. Must be great to work for the government, do nothing all day, go home, then retire with those sweet pensions. You know who don’t have ‘retirement plans’ or pensions? Terrorists and criminals.
    Last edited by Retired1; 07-18-2021 at 03:26 PM.

It's simply not possible for the government to be that incompetent. After all, these are the same people that planted hundreds of demolition charges in the Trade Center buildings so they could create a massive false flag operation by flying holographic airplanes into them. That allowed them to could sucker the public into another major middle east war and getting them to accept the Patriot Act.

You'll notice that they are drawing down our forces in the middle east. We'll need another reason to bring all of that back now. Wake up people!
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by Retired1 View Post
    You know what they say about assume. You’re very wrong. I finally spoke to the guy in charge, and he too was very concerned over the registered names of the planes, and their rather unusual routes yesterday. He promiseed an investigation because he too understands the symbolism of dates when it comes to Islamic Terrorism.
    Well meaning but uninformed people making reports that are off the wall like this distract from the actual real report that may come in. I can only imagine how many kooks call the government with these whacked out claims.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Well meaning but uninformed people making reports that are off the wall like this distract from the actual real report that may come in. I can only imagine how many kooks call the government with these whacked out claims.
    You know, discouraging well meaning folks does more harm than an erroneous report of what may, or may not, be a credible concern. None of us are in a position to judge what’s amiss in someone else’s view. Wasn’t what happened on 9/11 ‘off the wall’ just the day before, or am I wrong? It’s the ‘why didn’t you say something’ all along the way that tripped us up on 9/11. Sadly, few of us are omniscient. Lacking your gift, I’m just trying to ward off the cynicism that’s the hallmark of grumpy old mandom (speaking only of me).
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

8. Re: In the “If you see something-say something “ category

From speaking with the people supposedly in charge of such things, that would apparently be JUST me, because ALL seemed surprised it was their job. I had to read each one the emails that led to them. It doesn’t bother you that FDSO officer in charge of this region didn’t even know there was a nuclear power plant, nor where it was located? Or that the tower isn’t tracking planes, or that the final “authority” (literally sitting at the airport!)in charge of Aviation Security had never heard of Flightradar24, and would wait to the next meeting to discuss installing it on his phone? “How did I get such detailed information?”, he asked. From a app that tracks every flight in real time, complete with their registry, altitude, speed, past path, and destination. Sheesh, any kook with a good rifle has that app. one would certainly HOPE that LEO also had it. DO YOU HAVE It? If you don’t, you have no idea who’s flying over you do you? ………… Now I’m wondering if the USCG is even aware of Marinetraffic.com?……… And compared to Miami where I lived since 1959, this area has ‘no general or commercial traffic’ so when a group of planes fly’s over, I notice it. Because I’m paying attention. ………I had forefathers who removed train tracks and bent them around trees with just mules, and a fire, it’s not that complicated to destroy civilization. It’s the building part that takes real effort…..And since I’m mentioning train tracks-it was the Muslim (fresh from Jordan)owner of the Metro PCS at the corner of US1 and St. Lucie West (the airport street) who told my step son (who’s Romanian, and can totally pass for any middle easterner) and I about the mosque down the street that overlooks the train tracks. I asked him “do the train horns bother you?” His answer was “no, we have a porch out back, and we keep records of their schedules, and cargo. We especially like how the tracks curve in Jensen Beach near all the restaurants”. That was a total Holy Shit moment! …..I then went down the street, and saw what appeared to be a comedy club with signs “live, laugh, love” across the part facing US1. I also noticed a antenna farm on the roof. My map app had it clearly marked as a mosque, and at afternoon prayer time, busses (from the flight school -Drive over and see them yourself) would unload them, wait, then take them back to the flight school campus………I mentioned this fact to some Sheriff Deputies who trespassed on my property one day to inquire about my (legal)shooting range. To their credit, they then sat for weeks outside in the back(w. Dixie Hwy) with binoculars pointed up at the antennaes and porch, til one day, the property was vacated…... When the FBI showed up here to “investigate” the Pulse Massacre in Orlando, it was moi that pointed them to the actual mosque Omar attended. How did I know that? The Metro phone guy told me. He was quite proud. …..I pay attention, which is why I used (they retired) to have the personal phone numbers of the head of Homeland Security and the head of the Florida DEA. Shit has gone downhill really fast since then, if you haven’t noticed.
    Last edited by Retired1; 07-19-2021 at 02:05 PM.

Many things come to mind but at the end of the day....if "see something; say something" means anything, those to whom a report is made MUST be informed and have a chain of responsibility to pursue. I was at the Ft.Myers airport with my wife and saw an unattended bag near a boarding gate. It looked like a laptop case and after 10 minutes, it remained unclaimed under a seat. I tracked down a police officer and reported the matter. I waited....my boarding time approaching....and no security responded. I called and reported it again and finally, someone came and without hesitation, simply picked it up and left. There was absolutely no indication of even the barest understanding of the risk of a bomb.
    Second story....abbreviated. I was on a flight seated at the front of the aircraft ( not the pointy end). Cabin crew left the front to attend to something in the back. A passenger came forward from the back. There was a knowing exchange between this fellow and another passenger seated in the front. I stood up and positioned myself in the aisle in front of the forward galley. The in-charge returned. I explained to her what had happened. There was a subsequent meeting to review this scenario to emphasize the importance of situational awareness. People forget....they let down their guard. Constant vigilance....simple awareness....can save lives.

Never forget.

People from Punta Gorda to Vero to TX reported suspicious things about the 9/11 perps...and nobody did anything. Even some Feds made reports to other Feds and got no action. There was chatter all over the intelligence community. But hey, I'm sure Chelsea Clinton skipping work that morning in the Towers was just luck.

You still have to say something, even though you realize rules and laws are only enforced to control us and provide a false sense of security.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C