Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Nice 52C in Miami

Meat and potatoes - it's all there. A paint job seems to add about $50 grand to a price tag. Does a full paint job cost that much these days? I'm sure painting the hull a color adds a few bucks in cost.

https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa...344333925.html

I hope he gets what he asks.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C

Re: Nice 52C in Miami

Guy down the dock from me had a really nice 52C, just sold for about $195,000 in one week.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Considering polyurethane paint with activator is $500/gallon now that 50k might be low. But most of the cost is in the prep work. My 50 took 15 gallons of Imron and that’s not including the primer and filler.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Considering polyurethane paint with activator is $500/gallon now that 50k might be low. But most of the cost is in the prep work. My 50 took 15 gallons of Imron and that’s not including the primer and filler.
    Is it that much now? I guess that's right - have been paying 90 bucks just for each pint of Perfection to do the decks.

I'd pay more for your boat painted with Imron than a duplicate with more "modern" paint. It's harder to apply, but it doesn't get any more durable.
    It seems my boat was neglected for decades, but some guy with a buffing wheel is making that original Imron look like new. Pretty incredible.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C

I was just in Worst Marine awlgrip is 310 and the activator is 340 per gallon makes it about 650/rtu
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    I was just in Worst Marine awlgrip is 310 and the activator is 340 per gallon makes it about 650/rtu
    That means it is half as much every where else