Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: HRH Lola 53 Hatteras

Not my taste, but I think they did a very good job. Probably the nicest and most complete modernizations (of the looks) I have seen. I also remember seeing it when they first did it, and wondering why? I thought it was for the designer to get recognition, but now I am thinking that they thought this would be profitable?
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

My Mother was wrong. Apparently there are trees that money grows on. Wish I had one!
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

I also like the interior, the black exterior isn’t my thing though.

Well, it's a fresh-water boat.. that's the good news. The bad news, well, it would be less homely if they had just set fire to it. IMHO

Seems to me that if you want a modern boat, you buy a modern boat. If you want a classic boat, you buy a classic boat. And, keep it looking like a classic boat. This kind of decoration might be fine on an Azimut or Ferretti or something like that. To me it doesn't look at all appropriate on an older Hatteras. Just looks sad. And the kind of money it will take to make it look right again... well, that's scary to even think about.

But it IS a fresh-water boat.....

I am surprised the boat and owners have not been humiliated for going out in blackface.
    Regards
    Dan