Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Re: Anyone know the 58 YF "Gus"? Nicest I've seen at least in pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    It DOES look great. I should wrap my whole boat and just stop waxing anything.
    Has anyone had their whole hull wrapped ? Edward

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hewes View Post
    Didn’t keep the old wrap but had the guys from Fishy Wraps do the new one. Mike, the installer did a fantastic job - not a flaw! Looks great.
    That looks amazing, cost?
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

Don’t do it, the stern is probably fine, but I have seen some whole hull wraps and they only hold up until you hit a dock or piling. Even some of the best jobs I have seen have flaws where the wrap has to go around tight corners like ports. I guess if your boat never gets underway it might work ok. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

I've seen entire hulls wrapped on go fast and CC boats, but they live on lifts. Not sure I would try it on a boat that's kept in the water.

Pretty sure Michael Jordns 80 Viking Hull is wrapped

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/V7ehjU5Reqg/maxresdefault.jpg
    Last edited by krazy8; 12-08-2021 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    I've seen entire hulls wrapped on go fast and CC boats, but they live on lifts. Not sure I would try it on a boat that's kept in the water.
    In the SF Bay commercial boats operated by Tidelines Marine are fully wrapped and see heavy use (look up online).

DAN

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hewes View Post
    Greetings All,

I am the new owner of “Two Fish III” formerly “GUS”. In this case, the pictures didn’t lie. She is gorgeous and in excellent condition. I am the fourth owner and clearly she has been loved since new. We intend to continue to care for her as the previous owners have done. To that end she is scheduled to go into the yard in January for a major refit and upgrade including Naiad Stabalizers, Bow Thruster, Water Maker, New Sanitation Hoses & Fresh Water Heads, Internet, Satellite, and more. She just completed a 1000 hour service and will be getting Walker Airseps and a few other”goodies”. Some may think it crazy (and it definitely is) to spend so much on an old boat - BUT - she is so rare a find & in such great condition we feel it is our responsibility as her new care takers to maintain her and upgrade her for the future. I hope you all will welcome us and we look forward to learning from those who are seasoned salts. Many Thanks.

Joe Hewes
    Congrats! Sounds like you are about to break out 250k plus plus. Which yard will you use and where will home port be? Prob will be the best Hatteras 58 YF on the planet.