Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: Anyone know the 58 YF "Gus"? Nicest I've seen at least in pictures.

Roll is reduced by about 80% . It is truly a game changer. Here on the west coast almost all of our running is in the ocean so stabilizers are very important here, probably not so much if you run Rivers or ICW , however they also work great when you get waked by fast boats. When we go places on San Diego Bay, which has no speed limit, I always turn on the stabilizers so I don’t have to turn into wakes. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    On my 53 the aft water tank takes up the forward half of the centerline queen. The aft half would be, I think, large enough.
    And how would you access the steering cylinder?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Roll is reduced by about 80% . It is truly a game changer. Here on the west coast almost all of our running is in the ocean so stabilizers are very important here, probably not so much if you run Rivers or ICW , however they also work great when you get waked by fast boats. When we go places on San Diego Bay, which has no speed limit, I always turn on the stabilizers so I don’t have to turn into wakes. John
    Mine are on from when I leave the dock until I return. I don't know why anyone would turn them off even if its dead calm. If you have them, use them.
    Sky Cheney

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    And how would you access the steering cylinder?
    Haven't gotten that far yet.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Where would you put it? There is almost no place on centerline with existing tanks and hallway, etc.
    There was one up in the panhandle that had 2 gyros. Someone on here bought it. This was a few years ago when boat price Re down. I remember thinking you could pull them out and have the boat for free. One was under the queen the other was forward somewhere
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    There was one up in the panhandle that had 2 gyros. Someone on here bought it. This was a few years ago when boat price Re down. I remember thinking you could pull them out and have the boat for free. One was under the queen the other was forward somewhere
    That was a 58MY series 1.
    Sky Cheney

Nice boat, but a little pricy. At least compared to what I just paid for mine, with MAN engines and KoopNautic stabilizers. But then again mine was hard to sell due to adventurous electrics.

Its our boat. It was up in Maine for awhile, but on the way back to the keys now. It is presently under contract. It was near perfect when purchased, and now its even better. Bottom was recently painted, and the cutlass bearings replaced. The market for a boat in this condition, with the modernized interior, is very, very good. No stabilizers could be a problem depending on how you use the vessel. We lowered the rack for the tender a bit, but the tender is not being sold with the vessel anyways. Electronics were newish, but we put a new 15" Garmin chart plotter up top just for visibility, along with a fusion audio system. You could put a gyro back aft, but you would lose significant storage space. We don't like a busy deck, so that wasn't a possibility for us.

Glad y'all like it.

Quote Originally Posted by doc g View Post
    the transom is probably a vinyl "wrap ".....................Pat
    Correct.

Beautiful YF. It is on the higher end of what is out there I have a few years before I retire but I am definitely tracking it.
    Ty Lewis
    In Decent Seas
    1970 Chris Craft Commander 55
    HIN: FAA-55-0001 DD 8V-71 NA
    Kent Island, MD