Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Anyone know the 58 YF "Gus"? Nicest I've seen at least in pictures.

Here's a few more pictures.
    Attached Images

a few more
    Attached Images

a few more pics to check out, but no engine room was sent.
    Attached Images

Seems that this is like what I have in mind. Although I love the teak, looks like all is painted. Also, no mention of stabilizers which I would think is a must, not to mention the weight of the tender on top. Am I wrong about this? And no pictures of equipment spaces. Also, not sure how old these pictures are. Surly someone on here has seen or knows about this boat? I looks to be near the top in condition and money spent. Hours are longer than I would like, but I have always read it is about how they are run and maintained mores than anything else?

Price? 450K

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Dutchman View Post
    Spot on! And unfortunately no stabilizers. It would have to be brutal in the wrong seas I would think. But what do I know? Practically nothing. Please chime in. I did have an old caption tell me once the Hatteras will roll the lard out of a biscuit...is this true? Does it need stabilizers, and if so what would be an approximate guestimate? I guessed 175 to 225k, and friend said that might take care of one side lol.If current year prices are like everything else, might be so.

Wow, sold for 260k in December 20. Not a bad purchase price and prob about right. I wonder if anything had been done since.

Quote Originally Posted by ADOPO View Post
    Spot on! And unfortunately no stabilizers. It would have to be brutal in the wrong seas I would think. But what do I know? Practically nothing. Please chime in. I did have an old caption tell me once the Hatteras will roll the lard out of a biscuit...is this true? Does it need stabilizers, and if so what would be an approximate guestimate? I guessed 175 to 225k, and friend said that might take care of one side lol.If current year prices are like everything else, might be so.
    Yes they roll on a beam sea. Turn 30-40º in/away from it and it's bearable. Stabilizers 70-100K depending on etc etc.

Of course right now they would charge you $200K for an estimate.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

I’m delivering a recently purchased 58YF and will be spending the night at the city marina in Fort Pierce on Monday. I’ll be happy to give her a look for anyone if that’s where she is.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by ADOPO View Post
    Seems that this is like what I have in mind. Although I love the teak, looks like all is painted. Also, no mention of stabilizers which I would think is a must, not to mention the weight of the tender on top. Am I wrong about this? And no pictures of equipment spaces. Also, not sure how old these pictures are. Surly someone on here has seen or knows about this boat? I looks to be near the top in condition and money spent. Hours are longer than I would like, but I have always read it is about how they are run and maintained mores than anything else?

Price? 450K
    $450K?

In the immortal words of Steven Tyler, dream on...
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93