Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: Anyone know the 58 YF "Gus"? Nicest I've seen at least in pictures.

Having my stabilizers on in rough water is night and day difference. I would have too have them. 1978, 58 YF.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

My 53 rolls more than my chris craft commander 47 but less than my sea ray. Certainly not unmanageable. I do not have stabilizers but the boat was otherwise so nice compared to everything else out there that I couldn’t pass it up. Maybe someday I’ll add them.

Begs the question, what is better, putting in the Cats and move along at 20Kn or those stabilizers? How is the roll on plane?
    Aperture
    1977 53' MY Hull #492

Barnegat lighthouse, LBI NJ

Greetings All,

I am the new owner of “Two Fish III” formerly “GUS”. In this case, the pictures didn’t lie. She is gorgeous and in excellent condition. I am the fourth owner and clearly she has been loved since new. We intend to continue to care for her as the previous owners have done. To that end she is scheduled to go into the yard in January for a major refit and upgrade including Naiad Stabalizers, Bow Thruster, Water Maker, New Sanitation Hoses & Fresh Water Heads, Internet, Satellite, and more. She just completed a 1000 hour service and will be getting Walker Airseps and a few other”goodies”. Some may think it crazy (and it definitely is) to spend so much on an old boat - BUT - she is so rare a find & in such great condition we feel it is our responsibility as her new care takers to maintain her and upgrade her for the future. I hope you all will welcome us and we look forward to learning from those who are seasoned salts. Many Thanks.

Joe Hewes

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hewes View Post
    Greetings All,

I am the new owner of “Two Fish III” formerly “GUS”. In this case, the pictures didn’t lie. She is gorgeous and in excellent condition. I am the fourth owner and clearly she has been loved since new. We intend to continue to care for her as the previous owners have done. To that end she is scheduled to go into the yard in January for a major refit and upgrade including Naiad Stabalizers, Bow Thruster, Water Maker, New Sanitation Hoses & Fresh Water Heads, Internet, Satellite, and more. She just completed a 1000 hour service and will be getting Walker Airseps and a few other”goodies”. Some may think it crazy (and it definitely is) to spend so much on an old boat - BUT - she is so rare a find & in such great condition we feel it is our responsibility as her new care takers to maintain her and upgrade her for the future. I hope you all will welcome us and we look forward to learning from those who are seasoned salts. Many Thanks.

Joe Hewes
    Welcome. And thank you for upgrading and preserving such a fine yacht. It is definitely worth the time and money.

Don't be a stranger. We all want to see photos of the process.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

You won’t be sorry, we just did new Naiad Stabilizers and it is definitely a game changer for these boats. Love to see them loved and upgraded. We have been traveling the east coast for the last 3 months on our tug and I have seen a lot of old Hatteras’s and some are in beautiful condition while unfortunately some not so good. Love to see the nice ones. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Arguably spending any money on any boat is nuts, but we're all crazy here, so you're in good company. And if you're going to spend money on an older boat, there is no better boat to spend it on than a Hatteras.

Have you kept the transom wrap? I thought it looked great.

Didn’t keep the old wrap but had the guys from Fishy Wraps do the new one. Mike, the installer did a fantastic job - not a flaw! Looks great.
    Attached Images

It DOES look great. I should wrap my whole boat and just stop waxing anything.

Congrats on the new purchase. After 12 years, of owing our Hat, we did the same (invested in a significant refit). There is not justification of the $$$, other than help stimulate the economy. At the end of the day, it’s an investment of enjoying life with family and good friends….which is priceless. Enjoy the boat!!!
    Best regards,
    --
    David