Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best RIB tender

Best RIB tender

All, I am in the market for a RIB tender for our Hatt. Would like to get one with a steering console in the 10'-11' range. Curious as to what everyones experience is with their tenders. What do you like? What do you not like? Our davit crane is rated at 800lbs max lifting capacity.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Best RIB tender

I have a 11' Highfield with a 25 Suzuki and a side steering console and bench seat with backrest. We really like it. Its light with that aluminum hull and it rides well and you don't get wet. The fuel tank fits in the bow locker and there is a separate locker in front of that for anchor and rode. We have it set up with a stereo, bilge pump, and a little Garmin plotter/sounder. The floor is a double floor so any water stays in the "bilge" and you can run the gas hose under there out of the way. Great little boat.
    Last edited by SKYCHENEY; 06-21-2021 at 06:43 PM.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I have a 11' Highfield with a 25 Suzuki and a side steering console and bench seat with backrest. We really like it. Its light with that aluminum hull and it rides well and you don't get wet. The fuel tank fits in the bow locker and there is a separate locker in front of that for anchor and rode. We have it set up with a stereo, bilge pump, and a little Garmin plotter/sounder. The floor is a double floor so any water stays in the "bilge" and you can run the gas hose under there out of the way. Great little boat.
    Thanks for all of the info on your tender. I will look into the Highfield 11'.

I don't have a Highfield, but that is the one I would get. I looked at them extensively, but I decided that my inflatable (not RIB) is "ok" for now. The nice thing about a rib over an inflatable is the ability to use a larger motor and go faster. Highfield also has an extensive range of RIBs.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

We ve had a (bigger) Walker Bay generation on the boat i run and it s a very nice tender. Handles really well, nice features and layout. It gets a lot of use (and abuse)... and has held up very well
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

When i was really looking at tenders I was impressed with Walker Bays, then Grands seemed to be a better value for the money. Now i would only get a Highfield, the aluminum hull gets my vote. Im in the same position as Photolomy, my 310 zodiac yachtline is good enough for now until I get a larger boat that I can carry my Whaler 13 Sport on. Of course it needs to be restore close to its former glory also.

Walt Hoover

Thanks for all of the information and personal input. I will start researching!

I bought a high field 310 with a console last fall.thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma2128 View Post
    I bought a high field 310 with a console last fall.thumbs up
    That is the exact model I am looking at. I requested additional info from our local dealer but have not heard anything back. I cannot locate any pricing either. What motor did you put on it?

I bought mine from these guys. They know what people want and set them up right.

https://www.coralgablesyachts.com/
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI