Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My office got a little bigger ...

After almost 5 years running an 84’ Lazzara, owners wanted to get a bigger boat and this 116’ Lazzara Skylounge came on the market. A little older (2005 vs 2009) so it s going to take a little work to get it to where it needs to be. She has MTUs, 16V2000s

It s nice to have all the extra space incl a huge air conditioned engine room and captains quarters which are bigger than the original master on my 53!

This picture is from a shake down cruise to Ocean Reef a couple of weeks ago.
    Attached Images
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

2. Re: My office got a little bigger ...

What’s her name?
    Bill
    Brickell - Miami, Fl
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine

Re: My office got a little bigger ...

Badass!! Congrats!!
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

Congrats and enjoy.

Outstanding! I’m very happy for you.
    Top Hatt ‘78 43’ DCFB #471 6-71Ns Oakley CA

Her name is La Balsita, like the previous one. Means little raft is Spanish.

I wished I could have steered the owners into a Hatteras but one of the key criteria again was the skylounge. For some reason very few boats are built with skylounge. Lazzara made only two 116 with skylounge.. and the other one is in Dubai

Incidentally last week I helped a friend look at 3 Hatteras 80 MY. Same vintage, between 2005 and 2013. I had never had a chance to inspect an 80, very impressive boats. Shows that Hatteras still got it when it comes to MYs
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Congrats Captain!
    Capt' Hoop (Master 100 Ton/towing)
    1978- 58 MY “Amare La Vita”
    2001- 60C “Noah's Ark”
    1986 Scarab II “Summer Hummer”
    1979 Sleekcraft Aristocrat (jet) “She’s a squirter”

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Her name is La Balsita, like the previous one. Means little raft is Spanish.

I wished I could have steered the owners into a Hatteras but one of the key criteria again was the skylounge. For some reason very few boats are built with skylounge. Lazzara made only two 116 with skylounge.. and the other one is in Dubai

Incidentally last week I helped a friend look at 3 Hatteras 80 MY. Same vintage, between 2005 and 2013. I had never had a chance to inspect an 80, very impressive boats. Shows that Hatteras still got it when it comes to MYs
    Wow! Congrats!

But, that is too big for my 114 concrete hurricane hole seawall.

Your Hat would fit nicely though, in case you needed it.

I am having a July 4th noon to 7pm BBQ there for any Samsmarine FTL folks interested in getting there by their tenders.

I am on the south branch of the New River near Port 32/Lauderdale Marine/Highway 95 bridge.

Contact me at Hyperfishing@yahoo.com if interested.

It would be good to meet some locals.. BYOB in cans or plastic bottles plus your swimsuit.

Cheers,

Chris

Hey Chris. Good to hear from you. We finally got a couple of days free to take the old girl out. We re anchored off sands Key down on Biscayne bay. Being inside the park no jet skis allowed so it’s nice a peaceful
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Excellent, and Happy 4th to you and your first mate!

Jane is overseeing construction at the Annapolis House, finished a project with the Highlands, NC house, and I finally have a break from tradesmen at the FTL house.

Still buggered up in the Hip so not even any kayaking, let alone speedboat wave hopping.

Looking forward to adding a Hatteras to my seawall at some point in the future, but it looks like it will be awhile.

Do you still have the Jag and Alpha? One Lap of the Mountain in Highlands was filled in about two days this June, as the Festival was not held last year. Let me know what your fall schedule looks like, the Firebird lives there now.