Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Anyone know the 52C "Zaray"?

This guy seems to have his act together. Some areas of this boat are quite original, but all the important stuff looks mint.

https://vessel.iyba.pro/yacht-for-sa...portfish-ZARAY
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C

Re: Anyone know the 52C "Zaray"?

I couldn't find anyone that would commit/price to taking the tower off and making needed repairs. She was super clean except for the ER. The boat was relisted and ER was given some attention so I figured she would go. One of the engines was high hours, but broker had prepped the owner on what to expect with offers to reflect that. I also couldn't do a no bow rail boat. I thought it was a very nice boat. She was also relocated to help with the sale.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceClark View Post
    This guy seems to have his act together. Some areas of this boat are quite original, but all the important stuff looks mint.

https://vessel.iyba.pro/yacht-for-sa...portfish-ZARAY
    PM your email to me and I can send you some pictures if I still have them.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    I couldn't find anyone that would commit/price to taking the tower off and making needed repairs. She was super clean except for the ER. The boat was relisted and ER was given some attention so I figured she would go. One of the engines was high hours, but broker had prepped the owner on what to expect with offers to reflect that. I also couldn't do a no bow rail boat. I thought it was a very nice boat. She was also relocated to help with the sale.
    Yep, gotta have a bow rail. I would've gone swimming a couple times in a bad situation without a rail.
    I hate to see boats taking so long to sell. People are pissing away more $ than that on low quality center consoles. My nextdoor neighbor just blew $375k on a 32' Pursuit!

Thanks, PM comin. I was just looking at general pictures for ideas as I start dealing with the aesthetics of my 52C. Sometimes you look at a boat and it looks great, but it takes awhile to figure out why it looks good.
    Now that it's hot as hell, I'm tempted to put off making the ER pretty until next winter. Maybe I can open a floor panel somewhere and blow a/c air from the salon down there.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C

Very nice listing. I am not a fan of the bow rail delete, either. The boat may look slicker without it, but it's not safe. Basically you can't go on the foredeck except at the dock. No, thanks. And replacing it once it's taken off cost a mint, unless someone saved the old hardware.

The specs say she is sale pending.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"