Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

blue aeroquipt (sp) hose

The blue hose, I believe the name is aeroquipt, used on engines for oil & fuel .... is this stuff really worth doing the switchover (time and/or expense) ?
    thanks

Re: blue aeroquipt (sp) hose

I have all Aeroquip fuel line in my 46SF. The yard that did my repower would only work with Aeroquip or else I would have gone with Parker lines. The Parkers are a lot less expensive and easier to keep clean. Midatlantic Engine Supply Co. has the best prices I have found for either brand www.maesco.com.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by Bertramp
    The blue hose, I believe the name is aeroquipt, used on engines for oil & fuel .... is this stuff really worth doing the switchover (time and/or expense) ?
    thanks
    They're proud of those things ($$$), but they certainly are the industry standard. If you've ever played with fittings on one and take a look at all the stainless wire braid below the jacket, you'll be pretty impressed with their burst strength. I think it's worth it for peace of mind. It's also the kind of thing that will pay you back later when you ultimately sell the boat. If you don't have them, the buyer's surveyor will likely comment on it.
    -- Paul

The blue hose is USCG rated. I have replaced this also with the Aeroquip hose and fittings. Most of your oil lines are also the same specification which meets certain certification guidelines as to what happens in the event of a fire. As Genesis has said before....it is very expensive, but IMHO it is worth it to keep things safe and OEM.

I am changing all of the tranny lines on our 53 and will use the Aeroquip from FB Wright here in Detroit. I am also putting in a hydraulic system for stabilizers and if they have a USCG hose that meets the pressure requirements etc. I will be using it for that also.

DC

It is not difficult to fabricate your own hoses. If you buy the blue aeroquip hoses and either use your old ends or buy new ones. First install a fitting in the end you want to install on the hose. Tighten it good. Screw the outer shield on your new hose. This is a very course left hand thread. Screw it all the way down until you can see the end of the rubber hose through the end hole. This hose should be snug to the end but not jammed too hard. Put the outer shell, that now has the hose in it, in the vise. Now screw the end fitting into the ID of the gose with a wrench. Screw it down almost all the way. If you screw it too far, the end won't turn freely. Now remove the male fitting that you put into the end initially. Your new high preassure hose end is now ready to install on the boat.

What kind of service life should a person expect from the blue Aeroquip?

7. Re: blue aeroquipt (sp) hose

I had ORIGINAL pieces of that hose on my boat that I replaced in '04.

The oil hoses feeding from the block to the sender block (the last thing on the oil gallery) were replaced along with the rest. I expected, as the others had been replaced 5 or so years prior, that these had been too.

Imagine my surprise when I pulled those and found original OEM build tags on them with 1985 dates!

They were still servicable and NOT leaking.

I wouldn't go that long as a matter of course, but it surprised the hell out of me.....
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker