Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1974 58 Yachtfsher

I am going to look at this boat on the 10th of July at 13:00. I would appreciate any tips on what to look for, i.e. wet decks and where they could be located, windows: what to be vary of, and any other pointers you are willing to provide.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Re: 1974 58 Yachtfsher

windshield leaks on the front of the dash, window leaks at either end of the galley windows, soft spots on decks where anything has been mounted port hole leaks, aft wall of master stateroom in upper corners. exhaust hoses in closets and under beds
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

do you have a link for the boat or a place where we can see pictures?
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

I had one old leak stain on the entire boat. It's on the headliner in the bow stateroom directly under a bolt for one of the big bow storage boxes. I'm monitoring it to see if it still leaks in all this rain.

You might notice under those boxes if the headliner has been painted recently...or anywhere else.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C

Looks like the starboard rudder blade is twisted on the stem. VERIFY!!
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

I see a bit of corrosion on the windlass in the anchor locker. Please have a very good look at the area around the windlass and pulpit area for core rot and in the pulpit under the teak trim. A poorly sealed windlass will destroy core quickly and the nice white paint job in there may be covering something. I just recored my pulpit and 15 square feet under my windlass, a sizable job.

Walt Hoover