Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A/C cruisair high pressure shut off switch

Cruisair AC unit 220 v shuts off with High Pressure code but the pressure is not high. Can't find where to get replacement part.

Re: A/C cruisair high pressure shut off switch

We know the pressure is not high,, how??
    Readings??

What was the code?

Don't forget to check water flow.... restricted (clogged strainer, kinked hose, etc) #1 reason for high head pressure.

or time for system to be flushed. one of ours was doing that before the annual cleaning.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

Any part can fail but I don’t think I ever had a high press switch replaced on any of my boats or the boats I ve ran over the years.

Are you sure pressure isnt high? How is the water flow and when is the last time the system was descaled ?
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Any part can fail but I don’t think I ever had a high press switch replaced on any of my boats or the boats I ve ran over the years.

Are you sure pressure isnt high? How is the water flow and when is the last time the system was descaled ?
    Crusair isn't the only one having issues with this - My 2month old MarinAire is doing the same thing and I have sparkling clean strainers.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

There is a lot more to it than having a clean strainer. Many times I ve had debris in the lines, especially in manifolds, blocking water flow to one unit only. Or at the thru hull... plastic bags stuck and randomly reducing flow
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I ran acid through all my AC coils and checked all my hoses, etc. Had great flow from all units, but one was still shutting down on HP. Condenser coil was getting very hot to the touch when running only a minute or two.

Turned out it was a blockage on the above waterline discharge port. Never thought to even consider that could be blocked. Anyway, clearing it out fixed my issues.

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag930 View Post
    I ran acid through all my AC coils and checked all my hoses, etc. Had great flow from all units, but one was still shutting down on HP. Condenser coil was getting very hot to the touch when running only a minute or two.

Turned out it was a blockage on the above waterline discharge port. Never thought to even consider that could be blocked. Anyway, clearing it out fixed my issues.
    The sea water pumps don’t put out much pressure so things can get stuck in the lines all the way to discharge.

In SoFl we ve had issues with small shells growing in the lines then dying and coming loose when hauling out for bottom paint. When you restart they all get stuck there.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I just went through this with my Cruisaire unit. The issue was hard shell critters taking up residence in the 12' hose between the sea strainer and the 220v rw pump.

The simple cure was to completely clean out the strainer, shop vac the strainer and the hose from the seacock. Then pour in a gallon of white vinegar and half cup of muriatic acid. Let the acid do its work for about 30 minutes. Then seal up the strainer, open seacock and bump the rw pump until the foamy vinegar begins to appear at the discharge. Stop and let it work for another 20 minutes. Bump it again just to move a bit more acid. Repeat. Then turn on AC and be amazed how much cooler the coils operate.
    Last edited by Passages; 06-15-2021 at 08:17 PM.