Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Georgetown SC Marinas

Headed to Georgetown SC June 12th and would like recommendations on the best marina to stay overnight as we have not stopped there before. We would like to walk to a local restaurant/bar and see anything of special interest along the way.

Thanks in advance.
    Ray & Patty
    West Wind
    1989 67’ CMY Serial 311
    Myrtle Beach, SC

Re: Georgetown SC Marinas

Was just there 10 days ago. First choice is Harborwalk Marina; second choice is Hazzard Marine. Good water is close aboard the docks. Harborwalk is in the middle of everything. Having not been to Georgetown since the fire, I was very impressed with the town. You can walk and walk in the adjacent neighborhoods, and there are lots of dining options. Grocery stores are not close. Shrimp boats are right there. Also found marina and locals very pet friendly.

IMG_2848.jpg
    Aslan at Harborwalk Marina, Georgetown, SC
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Not quite Georgetown SC, but last time through there the Admiral and I stopped at Leland Oil Co. It's a bit further south. Folks were nice, walk through town was perfect, assuming you like VERY quiet and LOTS of laid back.
    Timothy Rogers
    1981 56' FDMY
    "Fun@Sea.Calm"

McClellanville is a must fuel stop. But what little is there opens Thursdays.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Thanks Robert & Timothy. Appreciate the advice as always.
    West Wind
    1989 67’ CMY Serial 311
    Myrtle Beach, SC

I just came up from Palmetto, FL to Myrtle Beach with a 51’ Ocean Alexander and stayed at Harborwalk. It’s a great spot that’s within walking distance of pretty much anything you want. Had a great meal at a little restaurant just a short walk from the marina in town, but the name escapes me at the moment. Just walk towards town and go left.

As for fuel, Osprey Marina usually has great fuel prices, but Grand Dunes in Myrtle was cheaper. We got fuel for around $2.80 with a volume discount with only around 300 gallons as I recall. I didn’t check prices in McClellanville but I did find the bottom with a 4’ draft. Just a little bump, but don’t go through there at low tide. We were about half on a falling tide.
    Attached Images
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    I just came up from Palmetto, FL to Myrtle Beach with a 51’ Ocean Alexander and stayed at Harborwalk. It’s a great spot that’s within walking distance of pretty much anything you want. Had a great meal at a little restaurant just a short walk from the marina in town, but the name escapes me at the moment. Just walk towards town and go left. As for fuel, Osprey Marina usually has great fuel prices, but Grand Dunes in Myrtle was cheaper. We got fuel for around $2.80 with a volume discount with only around 300 gallons as I recall. I didn’t check prices in McClellanville but I did find the bottom with a 4’ draft. Just a little bump, but don’t go through there at low tide. We were about half on a falling tide.
    Ill have to disagree based on cruise earlier this month. Follows is text to friend who was a week behind me and avoided the area on trip south: “I took a few notes on the McClellanville approach, but that's a waste of time. Skinniest I saw from R38 to turn in was 5.6' below keel. This was 2 hrs before high tide. Worst water was behind Sullivan's island up past the Ben Sawyer Bridge. About 2' under just past low tide. Nice ride.” I used the ACOE survey. Fuel at Leland was $2.40 over 100 G with check; otherwise $2.65.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Ill have to disagree based on cruise earlier this month. Follows is text to friend who was a week behind me and avoided the area on trip south: “I took a few notes on the McClellanville approach, but that's a waste of time. Skinniest I saw from R38 to turn in was 5.6' below keel. This was 2 hrs before high tide. Worst water was behind Sullivan's island up past the Ben Sawyer Bridge. About 2' under just past low tide. Nice ride.” I used the ACOE survey. Fuel at Leland was $2.40 over 100 G with check; otherwise $2.65.
    Disagree with what?

I came through there three days ago. It was a falling tide about three hours before low tide. I can assure you we bumped with a 4’ draft.

As for fuel prices, those seem to be changing daily. I’m only sharing what we paid two days ago.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Disagree with what?

I came through there three days ago. It was a falling tide about three hours before low tide. I can assure you we bumped with a 4’ draft.

As for fuel prices, those seem to be changing daily. I’m only sharing what we paid two days ago.
    No, sir. I don't disagree you grounded your client's boat. That was the second time in the same general area, was it not?
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    No, sir. I don't disagree you grounded your client's boat. That was the second time in the same general area, was it not?
    Uh, that was the second time in the past couple of months I came through there (first was with a 53MY), but I'm still trying to understand your point and with what you are disagreeing. There is a big difference between bumping the bottom and grounding. The owner didn't want to run outside, nor did he want to leave Charleston earlier to avoid the potential of polishing the props.

Seems I recall you sending PM's and asking me for depth reports in that area during January of last year when I moved a 46C from Hilton Head to just below Annapolis. It's known for shoaling, and trying to go through there with a 67 at low tide would NOT be a good idea.

My only other point had to do with what I paid for fuel, so is that what you're disagreeing with?
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93