Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
  1. Re: Typical miami antics

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Rio is bad Sao Paulo is worse. Watching the Ninja bikes doing 100 in between 6 lanes of bumper to bumper traffic is insane.I wonder if a door ever gets opened on one. And the kite string cutters to keep them from getting decapitated was a new one on me as well.
    With donkey carts in the mix!! My 3rd wife was from a tiny mountain town in Minas, and we spent time in Rio, Victoria, and once cruised the Bahia de Grande as the guest of the guy who owned Brahma beer. Every one told me to avoid Sao Paulo at all costs, because everywhere I thought noisy was nothing compared to there. I had no intention then, and certainly no intention of going now.. Later I met two Paulista’s in Miami. One (“a well know actress” according to her) told me of hiding quietly under a taxicab while the cab driver was murdered in an attempt to kidnap her, then crawling under car after car to escape. The other told me (fairly recently)of all the traffic on the highway from the beach being stopped and everyone robbed at gunpoint and she was like totally non plussed “happens all the time, you just don’t wear jewelry “.. When I told these stories to other Paulista’s in Miami, they said “we fly from building top to building top on helicopters, and never go down to the street level. Ok then. Hard Pass!
    Last edited by Retired1; 05-30-2021 at 08:32 PM.

Re: Typical miami antics

Quote Originally Posted by Retired1 View Post
    With donkey carts in the mix!! My 3rd wife was from a tiny mountain town in Minas, and we spent time in Rio, Victoria, and once cruised the Bahia de Grande as the guest of the guy who owned Brahma beer. Every one told me to avoid Sao Paulo at all costs, because everywhere I thought noisy was nothing compared to there. I had no intention then, and certainly no intention of going now.. Later I met two Paulista’s in Miami. One (“a well know actress” according to her) told me of hiding quietly under a taxicab while the cab driver was murdered in an attempt to kidnap her, then crawling under car after car to escape. The other told me (fairly recently)of all the traffic on the highway from the beach being stopped and everyone robbed at gunpoint and she was like totally non plussed “happens all the time, you just don’t wear jewelry “.. When I told these stories to other Paulista’s in Miami, they said “we fly from building top to building top on helicopters, and never go down to the street level. Ok then. Hard Pass!
    Hmmm, was there several times in 2019 and didn't see any of that.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

3. Re: Typical miami antics

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Hmmm, was there several times in 2019 and didn't see any of that.
    Well, i guess it never happened then.

Re: Typical miami antics

Quote Originally Posted by Retired1 View Post
    Well, i guess it never happened then.
    Not what I said.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay