Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

AC/DC fridge source

I remember reading something somewhere about marine refrigerators and several people mentioned that they thought Tundra was better than Norcold, which is what I used to have in the boat. I need a new one and wanted to know where Tundra owners got the best price on a replacement fridge/freezer, around the 4-5cubic feet range?

I was contemplating on going with the 120V version you could get at home depot but then realized if my genny had an issue I'd lose my food and most importantly my beer, when out and about or on the hook.

Thanks,

Jack

Re: AC/DC fridge source

Have you looked into Adler-Barbour? They make a "coldplate", with remote compressor, that fits into your existing fridge/icebox. I installed one in my old Chris, and I was quite pleased with it. I went with a 12v unit, running off the house battery, which was linked to the starting battery via a battery combiner switch.

Re: AC/DC fridge source

Bob,

The problem with that is I ripped out the old fridge....was worn out. Rusty, broken parts and just looked old. Kept things cool but was also louder than the Tundra I've been hearing about.

Thanks for the info, though, I have another project where that may come in handy.

Jack