Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Cleaning wood walls

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceClark View Post
    After spending $6k on a new Dometic, I'm just going to run that on the dehumidify setting until the warranty runs out. Then, I'll get a dehumidifier like yours.

I bought one of those portable a/c units and was going to set it on the kitchen counter....with the water running out the sink and the exhaust blowing out the stove down-vent. Well, it looked good in my head but ended up being a little over-complicated.
    Yep, that works, but I got tired of acid cleaning the strainer basket; 85 degree brackish water running through a strainer 24/7 is a barnacle nursery.
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL

Re: Cleaning wood walls

Quote Originally Posted by wpc691 View Post
    Yep, that works, but I got tired of acid cleaning the strainer basket; 85 degree brackish water running through a strainer 24/7 is a barnacle nursery.
    Damn, I need to add that task to my maintenance list. Mine isn't very conveniently located, either.

I might start looking at dehumidifiers pretty soon.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C