Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Slane hull vents

Two full days of cutting,sanding, fitting, and swearing behind us. New hull vents finally went in. This was about as big a job as I expected it to be. Good update for the boat, I think. Broadus Rose at Lookout Boat Window Frames makes a very good product in these vents. He is also a very nice guy. My neck is sunburned from being out working on the boat the last two days and I’m now going to put out that fire with a beer.
    Jason ‘Noogie’ Erbecker
    "Liberty Risk”
    1974 46C
    Hampton, VA

Re: Slane hull vents

Looks good!

Nice to know that they're still available too.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Personally, I like the square box vents of the 80's. But I'm old school. Those Slane vents look nice too.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I have a set sitting in the garage and have been going back and forth whether I'd install them. I have a 1984 52C with no vents at all, just 3 blowers.

Those vents do look good and the ER needs all the air it can get. However, it's a big job and the idea of cutting into a cored area of the hull freaks me out. I respect you for just digging in.
    I guess I'll put off the decision until the boat has to be pulled next summer.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C