Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Marine Electronics of the Outer Banks, Nags Head, NC

A shoutout to these guys- I shipped them my GPS navigator, the sounder interface box, and the 200kH transducer that I had on hand. They verified that it all worked together, and sent it back to me. I think they had it about three days. It's all installed in the boat and working (well, at least at the dock, since this is a workday and I can't fire her up) Charge was one hour's labor.

Some of us like our old equipment and don't want to change. Shops like this make it possible.

Re: Marine Electronics of the Outer Banks, Nags Head, NC

Used them years ago to keep our Northstar 6000 stuff going a few times before upgrading. Good people.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

I really love my Northstar equipment. I wish it was still made. I have never found anything that is as easy to use and as reliable. And, as you said, they can fix it- most of the time. I still don't understand why Simrad bought Northstar and then sank it.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    I really love my Northstar equipment. I wish it was still made. I have never found anything that is as easy to use and as reliable. And, as you said, they can fix it- most of the time. I still don't understand why Simrad bought Northstar and then sank it.
    Then you haven't tried the new Garmin units. It doesn't get any easier than those.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI