Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Deck Box, Replacement

I ended up with (two) yeti 250 cooler's, a cushion is also available as an accessory. A buddy of mine is making me stainless steel chocks for a more permanent installation. Water proof, can be used as a cooler and make a great deck box. Cost is less that thousand dollars each, which is way less than anything that I could find, 5k. The chocks are not even needed, they don't move on the front deck, they have rubber legs. We were in 4 to 5 foot beam sea and they didn't move, every thing else did. lol

I had this problem many years ago on a Chris Commander.
    Following what is practiced on steel boats, weld an angle bracket to the deck and weld the box to it, I epoxied fiberglass 3" angle to the deck and bolted the deck (dock) box to them.

Try Beachcomber; I have had one of their boxes on the deck of my 36C for years.

I mounted it by drilling a small hole in the deck, for each leg, and gluing a SS threaded fitting in each hole with 5200, after saturating the walls of the hole with epoxy. So far, so good. About ten years on, now.