Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New new Perko wing-door locks

Morning,

I am having difficulty finding two door locks for my wing doors. The pair I have are ruined and need to be replaced. They are Perko locks that have not been made in 15 years. Does anyone have a source for wing door locks? Not picky about the manufacturer as long as they fit.

My boat is a 58' Hatteras Tri-Cabin.

SamMarine can't help me or BOW.
    My email address is: rp33064@comcast.net

thanks
    Rian

Re: New new Perko wing-door locks

Ah heck, I saw the title to this thread and hoped you had some for sale... cheap. If you run across some extras, let me know. Mine still work, but they're keyed differently.

As a fellow 58TC owner, tell us about your boat.

Wait a minute, I just looked at your posting history, and you own a 41DC too?

Me and you have GOT to talk!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rosalie View Post
    Morning,

I am having difficulty finding two door locks for my wing doors. The pair I have are ruined and need to be replaced. They are Perko locks that have not been made in 15 years. Does anyone have a source for wing door locks? Not picky about the manufacturer as long as they fit.

My boat is a 58' Hatteras Tri-Cabin.

SamMarine can't help me or BOW.
    My email address is: rp33064@comcast.net

thanks
    Rian
    I bought two new wing door lock/handle assemblys from Sam's back in 2007. They fit perfectly and look great! Not terribly expensive either, like $105 each if I remember.

Do they not have any left??

I was not aware that Hatteras used Perko locksets. I bought new locksets for every door on my 48 MY about 5 years ago from Sam's. Can't remember how many off hand but probably a dozen and a half sets. Cost a few bucks but that's what owning a boat is all about. They provide us with a means of disposing of our unwanted money - bless their fiberglass hearts. I may still have a couple of the old take out sets around and if they fit your doors, you can have them. Just be sure they are the same. Mine are the lever type which Hatteras installed on all their interior doors.

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdHatt View Post
    I bought two new wing door lock/handle assemblys from Sam's back in 2007. They fit perfectly and look great! Not terribly expensive either, like $105 each if I remember.

Do they not have any left??
    Asked and answered, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    I was not aware that Hatteras used Perko locksets. I bought new locksets for every door on my 48 MY about 5 years ago from Sam's. Can't remember how many off hand but probably a dozen and a half sets. Cost a few bucks but that's what owning a boat is all about. They provide us with a means of disposing of our unwanted money - bless their fiberglass hearts. I may still have a couple of the old take out sets around and if they fit your doors, you can have them. Just be sure they are the same. Mine are the lever type which Hatteras installed on all their interior doors.

Walt
    I'm sure the locksets on my 58 are Perko, but I'll double check when I go down tomorrow. Could be mine aren't original as I know the wing doors aren't as they are acrylic. As for those old take out sets, you were talking to me, weren't you?

[QUOTE=Sparky1;132715]Asked and answered, don't you think?

Jeez, what would we do without you Randy? Oh, nevermind, I remember those times quite well! Are we about ready for another one? Naw, not just yet..... Asked and answered again. LOL

My point was that Sam's stocks them regularly and maybe they are temporarily out of stock or whatever but still an excellent source for them even if they have become hard to find. Sam's manages to find discontinued items all the time and restock their inventory, so it pays to check with them regularly.

byron, your locks are not original. the original locks on our boats were dexter locks with knobs on both sides. you cannot get dexter locks anymore. the replacement, made by perko, has a different setback from the edge of the door. if you replace the dexter locks with the perko locks, you must make some sort of a plate to cover the original holes because the perko locks sit closer to the edge of the door and doesn't cover the original holes. remember i am in the middle of refurbishing my wing doors right now. bigbill

Well now boys... the PO changed mine out with Perkos and used the plate trick as well. The more used dockside door only works when you turn the knob in one direction. I took it apart and found the left-right "dog" inside to be made of CHEESY POT METAL.
    The worst part is the jamb striker... more cheesy thin aluminum thats wayyy distorted from the jammed perko latch set hitting it time and again...
    a double entendre'. ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

I do not know if the locks that I have are Dexter or Perko brand because it doesn't specify on the Sam's site nor did the boxes say a brand but here they are:

http://www.samsmarine.com/PartSearch...ItemNmbr=84057

I probably still have the old ones somewhere, but it wasn't worth rechroming so I just replaced with new.