Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Help? Need a 53’ fast!

Rob, we live in Stuart! We looked at your boat back last year. Nice couple and little cutie baby!
    We both like the double doors of a 53 better, and like the outdoor bars on either side. I’m glad you’re enjoying yours!
    Was your broker from over here?

There is a 1984, 53’ ED in N.C that the owner has an interest in selling, beautiful vessel with a recent repower and newer genset. Give me a call @ 252-474-0012 if interested and I can put the 2 of you together.
    Capt' Hoop (Master 100 Ton/towing)
    1978- 58 MY “Amare La Vita”
    2001- 60C “Noah's Ark”
    1986 Scarab II “Summer Hummer”
    1979 Sleekcraft Aristocrat (jet) “She’s a squirter”

Quote Originally Posted by Finnley View Post
    Rob, we live in Stuart! We looked at your boat back last year. Nice couple and little cutie baby!
    We both like the double doors of a 53 better, and like the outdoor bars on either side. I’m glad you’re enjoying yours!
    Was your broker from over here?
    Actually the broker was in St Augustine - he backed out so the brokerage fees would not kill the deal. We wanted the 53, but could not find one in our price range that worked for us location-wise. He and I had talked about a year earlier about a Monk he had listed, but Dorian damaged it so severely the owner had to take it off the market. He kept my information, and contacted me about Pau Hana when Tracy and Lia gave up on selling it themselves. We looked at the 53' in North Carolina (We were living in Raleigh), and another 53' in Wilmington that as of September last year was on it's 4th listing broker (We looked at it in August 2019). We bought Pau Hana in August, moved her to Ft Myers and docked at Legacy Harbor.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Help is still needed! We’ve seen five and all are ........ never mind! Even a 56might work, but I can’t find one thats not way over priced.
    Never thought that six to nine months wouldn’t be enough time to find a live aboard.
    Please, if anyone has one or knows of one, let me know.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Finnley; 05-31-2021 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnley View Post
    Help is still needed! We’ve seen five and all are ........ never mind! Even a 56might work, but I can’t find one thats not way over priced.
    Never thought that six to nine months wouldn’t be enough time to find a live aboard.
    Please, if anyone has one or knows of one, let me know.
    Thanks!
    Wow. Can't believe you're in that situation but then we totally lucked out finding Pau Hana. Not in love with the rear slider in the salon, would swap for double doors and cabinets in a heartbeat.

Just found this - Haven't seen it personally even though we're in Ft Myers. Not sure where she's sitting. It's a 58' LRC but it's all that came up.

Hatteras 58 LRC stabilized world cruiser liveaboard - boats - by... (craigslist.org)

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Rob, I appreciate the link and we would love a 58. But we can’t do that kind of $$$
    We looked at the 54 in Palm Beach. What a cluster-F@*k. Nothing on that boat has worked in months. Nothing. The interior is terrible.
    I could go on about the others we’ve seen, but I’m getting nauseous.
    Last edited by Finnley; 05-31-2021 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rwaldrop13 View Post
    Wow. Can't believe you're in that situation but then we totally lucked out finding Pau Hana. Not in love with the rear slider in the salon, would swap for double doors and cabinets in a heartbeat.

Just found this - Haven't seen it personally even though we're in Ft Myers. Not sure where she's sitting. It's a 58' LRC but it's all that came up.

Hatteras 58 LRC stabilized world cruiser liveaboard - boats - by... (craigslist.org)
    Heyyy, I saw that boat! It was for sale floating in the marina behind Rum Runners in Cape Coral. Maybe 18 months ago...2 years? That green hull was so faded and the topsides were all moldy. She had to be sitting for 5 years unattended, at least, to get where it was. I can't remember the asking price - think it was under $100k.

It appears they cleaned her up and hope to make a quick couple hundred grand. Good for them - like to see industrious people when so many are sitting still and dependent.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C

That listing (CL) has been relisted on CL so the old link is no good anymore.

New listing is:

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee...329933580.html
    Last edited by zigzag930; 06-01-2021 at 07:14 AM.

i just sent you a PM

Well, now I feel terrible for sending the link - I know it's not my fault, just trying to help - Be warned, there's a 53' in Bradenton that we looked at in 2019 that was so far past project boat it wasn't funny. Other than that I don't have anything to offer other than a beer in commiseration.

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL